Income vs Expense Reports older than 5 years

In my saved reports I have Inc v Exp reports going back a decade but when I access them they pull up current year and only allow date ranges back 4 years. How can I get these reports for dates beyond 4 years if I need them for say a tax audit?

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    When you open the report you should see at the top left a drop-down for "Date Range".  Click on that and you can then select "Custom to date " or "Custom dates" or a number of other options.  
    If you want to get a report for all of 2016, select the "Custom dates" and enter 1/1/2016 and 12/31/2016 for the dates and then click on OK.
    Did this answer your question?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @wannabeacowboy,

When did you first notice that the saved reports were not showing the older data?  Also, which Quicken release are you currently running?  Did you first observe this changed after after installing that release?

Any additional information will help us to understand what may be happening and why.

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    When you open the report you should see at the top left a drop-down for "Date Range".  Click on that and you can then select "Custom to date " or "Custom dates" or a number of other options.  
    If you want to get a report for all of 2016, select the "Custom dates" and enter 1/1/2016 and 12/31/2016 for the dates and then click on OK.
    Did this answer your question?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @wannabeacowboy,

When did you first notice that the saved reports were not showing the older data?  Also, which Quicken release are you currently running?  Did you first observe this changed after after installing that release?

Any additional information will help us to understand what may be happening and why.

Thanks.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Haven't really tried to look before now so as of when I can't say. I switched to the subscription service back when I had to in order to stay current and running current 46.12. I have a feeling it was when the subscription started. I still have the old data files and could try to open them instead of my current file but not sure what that may lead to
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears that you've saved reports with annual date ranges (1/1/XX - 12/31/XX) going back several years?
    My first thought is that Quicken updates have been known to damage saved reports, so the first thing I'd try is opening a new Spending report (Reports > Spending > {Select report you want} ) and customizing it to one of those previous date ranges you can't get to.  If that works then do that for your other saved annual reports.
  • Thanks FrankX... but now I feel foolish. I was only looking at the date ranges offered when clicking on the report in the Reports center (they are limited). I can, as always, use the Custom field once the report is populated. And I should know that after all these years... must be Covid fog
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wannabeacowboy

No problem, there's a lot of that fog going around these days...

Take care,

Frankx