Getting 503 error when trying to add Fidelity Rewards and Barclay credit cards

M B
M B Member ✭✭✭
Have been getting errors when performing OSU this week on various accounts stating the accounts appear to have been deleted.  When attempting reset the Fidelity Rewards and Barclay credit card accounts, I now get a 503 error indicating I am using the wrong log in credentials (I am not, I can sign in directly to both card sites with the same credentials entered into Quicken.)  Same result when trying to add to a Test file.  I have sent issue to Quicken suing Report a Problem, but the issue still persists.  Other accounts that were supposedly deleted were reset without issue.  Why can't I get these accounts added back into OSU using my correct credentials?

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @M B,

I apologize for the miscommunication. 

As stated in the email you received, you will need to contact Fidelity and Barclay for further assistance. It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken. 

"If the credentials continue to fail in Quicken, please contact [FI Name] Online Banking Support for further assistance in verifying their requirements for passwords used in Quicken. They may need to contact their service provider to confirm the Minimum/Maximum + Number/Special Character settings that have been posted to the Branding & Profile servers for their online access requirements.

Unfortunately, this is not something that Quicken Support can resolve, as we do not have access to the financial institutions servers in order to verify account information and login credentials."

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Hello @M B,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

I have located a Support Article that discusses some troubleshooting steps to take when presented with a CC-503 error. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps (just in case). 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• M B
    M B Member ✭✭✭
    I have tried all the suggestions in the link. Nothing is working. This is occurring with 2 accounts, so I suspect the issue is with quicken and not a data entry issue as documented in the link provided. 
  • Hello @M B,

Thank you for providing more information. 

Due to the previous troubleshooting steps having failed, we recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

-Quicken Jasmine

• M B
    M B Member ✭✭✭
    Just following up on this as there is still no resolution.  Contacted support and informed them I initially got error 800, then 503 when I tried to fix/reset.  They escalated the issue and got a response that the aggregator informed them I was using incorrect log in credentials (same credentials as previously used and all under 10 digits.)  I can log into each institution's website using the same credentials as being used for Quicken.  Tried updating/resetting again today and now am getting error 929.  Waited 2 hours then called support and after explaining all this again to the rep, now have been on hold for more than 90 minutes waiting for him to look into "something".  And, just now the phone was disconnected.  This is more than frustrating.  How do I get this resolved?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using the https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-503 instructions, have you tried to deactivate all accounts with this bank using the same bank logon ID, including any old, long closed, hidden and forgotten accounts that might still be activated? If you miss one, the aggregation server involved in handling Express Web Connect - connected accounts will not start with a clean slate and you will continue to have problems. When done deactivating, restart Quicken and reactivate accounts using the Add Accounts process ("+" icon in Account Sidebar header).
  • M B
    M B Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    When I did the reset process account link was deactivated. There are no other accounts, hidden or otherwise, linked with these institutions. I have also removed the account number and fi information from the general tab and tried to add +. As I said, now getting error 929 today instead of 503. Have tried signing out and back in after more than  an hour. Still no resolution. I can't even open a new test file and add these accounts without getting 929 error. Any chance of restoring a file I have in an external backup from 2 weeks ago that was working (not a quicken backup, but backup from all my computer files stored externally?)
  • Hello @M B,

Thank you for coming back to update us, I do truly understand your frustration. 

I have taken the time to look further into your situation and my internal systems are showing that there is currently an open ticket with our escalations team for you. There is no current ETA, however, if they have information for you or require more information from you then they will reach out via email. 

I apologize for the inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• M B
    M B Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Thank you, but are you saying this is a separate/additional ticket from the one opened earlier this week?  They provided the following response yesterday morning to the earlier ticket.  After receiving the response below I (re)verified my passwords were compliant and then contacted the fi's only to be told was told there is no issue they can help me resolve from their end, but that multiple other Quicken customers were contacting them with similar/same issues.

Your Quicken Support Case was escalated because you encountered issues downloading transactions at Fidelity & Barclays Bank.

Our service provider for data aggregation has confirmed with the financial institution's (FI) service provider that you have entered incorrect login credentials for accessing your account(s) at Fidelity & Barclays Bank. 

This commonly happens when the financial institution has one or more of the following conditions: 

·    A character limit for password in Quicken that is different than what you enter at the website. 

·    Example: Quicken has been advised the limit is 12 characters but you use 13 or more at the website 

·    Webpages can ignore the extra characters, where Quicken must abide by the FI-mandated limit. 

·    Website allows users to bypass a security measure (images, phrases, etc.) but has mandated Quicken must provide the response to the security item. 

·    FI requires "enrollment" to allow Quicken to connect to your accounts, which may use different credentials than those used at their website. 

To ensure that you're entering the correct credentials, please follow these instructions: 

1.   Type your credentials (typically Username + Password) into a text app, like Notepad (Windows) or Text Edit (Mac). 

2.   Copy & Paste those items from text into the login fields of the [FI Name] website. 

3.   After confirming these work at the website, go back to Quicken and Copy + Paste the credentials into the fields in Quicken. 

If the credentials continue to fail in Quicken, please contact [FI Name] Online Banking Support for further assistance in verifying their requirements for passwords used in Quicken. They may need to contact their service provider to confirm the Minimum/Maximum + Number/Special Character settings that have been posted to the Branding & Profile servers for their online access requirements. 

Unfortunately, this is not something that Quicken Support can resolve, as we do not have access to the financial institutions servers in order to verify account information and login credentials. 

We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Quicken Online Banking Escalations | Quicken Inc. 

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @M B,

I apologize for the miscommunication. 

As stated in the email you received, you will need to contact Fidelity and Barclay for further assistance. It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken. 

"If the credentials continue to fail in Quicken, please contact [FI Name] Online Banking Support for further assistance in verifying their requirements for passwords used in Quicken. They may need to contact their service provider to confirm the Minimum/Maximum + Number/Special Character settings that have been posted to the Branding & Profile servers for their online access requirements.

Unfortunately, this is not something that Quicken Support can resolve, as we do not have access to the financial institutions servers in order to verify account information and login credentials."

-Quicken Jasmine

• M B
    M B Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Not sure I totally agree with this, but assuming that I do - how do I resolve the 929 error?  Even if I open a new test file with no accounts I can't even add an account with no errors in my current Quicken data file that is supposedly downloading without error.  I get an error 929 even with that situation.  If I can't get past 929, I don't understand how anything can be added/reset.  I've tried the 929 resolution instructions and can't get them to work.  Contacting support (twice) on the 929 issue hasn't helped either.  And, as an FYI, I spoke directly with the technical teams at both institutions after initially speaking with the service agents.
This discussion has been closed.