R46.12 - Issues with Past Due Reminders

Release R46.12 caused an issue with my past-due reminders. The date on approximately 20-30 of them has suddenly changed to 1/1/2023 and the amounts for recurring reminders reverted to the recurring amount rather than what I had set at for the current month. After correcting them, they still revert back - but that does not really fall under this topic.

Are there others that have experienced this issue?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Paul26,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Paul26
    Paul26 Member ✭✭
    I performed both the Validate and the Super Validate. The Issue still persists.

Also, another user encountered this problem as well. They mentioned it in the "Budget Disappeared" thread. There comments are in the last sentence of the paragraph below. I also lost my Budget within 15 minutes of installing R46.12. That had not happened to me for a couple of months.

jennw82
    jennw82 Member ✭
    4:38AM
    I lost my budget this morning. I've read many pages and it looks like no resolution other than backing up (and even that seems not to have consistent results). Thankfully I recreated my budget categories in Excel with amounts so that I can re-create them in Quickbooks. What a pain though!! I have used Quicken for years and it seems like it got very very buggy during Q4 2022 - today (January 2023). My bank feeds are coming in sporadically and now my budgets disappear. Also notice that upcoming recurring bill amounts will change on their own. I've had to fix that several times!
  • Paul26
    Paul26 Member ✭✭
    Anja,

As a follow up to my issue, I am providing more information about the issues with the reminders.

- Overdue recurring reminders from last year had a current month date. The five of them reverted back to due dates of 4/4/2022, 10/25/2022, 12/1/2022, 12/6/2022, and 12/22/2022. The amount for these five reminders reverted back to the amount that was specified for all occurrences of the reminder.
    - Overdue recurring reminders for this year were changed to a 1/1/2023 due date and the amounts reverted back to the amount that was specified for all occurrences of the reminder.

Hopefully, this will be helpful in addressing the issue.
  • Paul26
    Paul26 Member ✭✭
    I just went in and fixed about 31 of the reminders. All of the fixes took (dates and amounts), then all of sudden they all reverted back to a 1/1/2023 date and the amounts to the future recurrence amount. PLEASE PUT A PRIORITY ON A FIX.
  • pspottswood
    pspottswood Member ✭✭
    Anja,

What is the status of this issue? It's a big problem. If it can't be fixed soon, how can i roll back to the previous version. Below is what my days have looked like since the R46.12 release. This in conjunction with the disappearing budget essentially makes Quicken not functional for budgeting.

# 1/12/2023
    - Installed R46.12 and began experiencing problems
    - Past due reminders reverted back to January 1st and to the recurring amounts
    - Corrected a large number of the reminders, and at some point, they reverted back to January 1st and recurring amounts again. This continued to happen
    - After working with transactions for a while, the budget disappeared and I had to restore from a previous backup to get it back
    - Used the Quicken "Report a Problem Feature" to report these issues
    - Posted a message about the disappearing budget in the community forum

# 1/13/2023
    - Did a backup at 6:51am before working on the outstanding issues.
    - Restored from 1/12/2023 backup at 11:10am. There was no budget.
    - Restored from 1/12/2023 backup at 7:26am. The budget was restored. but reminders were not correct (I attribute this to the R46.12 update).

# 1/14/2023
    - Did a backup at 7:09am before working on the outstanding issues.
    - Performed and online update
    - Did a backup at 7:18am
    - Entered Sheila's SSA Transfers and accepted them.
    - Did a backup at 8.42am
    - Changed giving budget from 0.00 to $105.00
    - Budgeted $105.00 to the Giving budget for each month in 2023
    - Did a backup at 8.52am
    - Entered some Amazon transactions
    - Did a backup at 9:01am
    - Corrected one S&S reminders
    - Received response from Quicken on the reminders issue and performed the following steps per their suggestion
    - Validated file
    - Closed Quicken for more than 5 seconds
    - Reopened Quicken: There issue still persists
    - Super Validated file
    - Reopened Quicken: There issue still persists
    - Corrected an S&S reminder
    - Did a backup at 9:30am
    - Corrected some S&S reminders
    - Did a backup at 9:36am
    - Corrected some S&S reminders
    - Did a backup at 9:40am
    - Matched some of the corrected reminders
    - Did a backup at 9:48am
    - Accepted a transaction
    - Did a backup at 9:54am
    - Accepted some grocery and new checking transactions
    - Did a backup at 10:01am
    - Accepted some checking transactions
    - Did a backup at 10:07am
    - Did a backup at 11:50am
    - Adjusted some budgets
    - Did a backup at 11:59am
    - Began working on the reminders that reverted back to 1/1/2023
    - Adjusted 12 of the reminders and then went to the planning tab. Quicken terminated unexpectedly
    - Reopened Quicken
    - Checked to see if budget was still there. It was.
    - Checked to see if the 12 adjustments to the reminders were there. They were.
    - Did a backup at 12:48pm
    - Proceeded to correct additional reminders
    - Did a backup at 12:53pm
    - Did a One Step Update to see if fixes stay in place. After the update, the "Upcoming Bills and Income" windows under the Projected Balances says "Nothing scheduled for this period" and should a period of 1/14/2023 to 1/14/2024. Clicked on the Planning tab to see if the Budget was there. Quicken terminated unexpectedly.
    - Reopened Quicken. The Budget was still there
    - Did a backup at 1:00pm
    - Proceeded to correct additional reminders and then all of a sudden, the overdue reminders reverted back to the 1/1/2023 date.
    - Restored from the 1:00pm backup
    - The fixed reminders were there with correct dates and amounts. The Budget is also there.
    - Did a backup at 1:30pm
    - Fixed a few more reminders
    - Clicked on the Planning tab to check the budget. Quicken terminated unexpectedly.
    - Reopened Quicken. The fixed reminders were there with correct dates and amounts. The Budget is also there.
    - Did a backup at 1:39pm
    - Checked to see if budget was still there. It was.
    - Did a backup at 1:43pm
    - Quicken froze when I clicked on "OK" after the backup completed. I had to close the program.
    - Reopened Quicken. Checked the budget. It was still there.
    - Did a backup at 1:47pm
    - Checked the budget. It was still there.
    - Got of the ones dated 1/1/2023.
    - Did a backup at 1:51pm
    - Quicken froze when I clicked on "OK" after the backup completed. I had to close the program.
    - Reopened Quicken. Checked the budget. It was still there.
    - Performed some edits to the budget
    - Did a backup at 1:57pm
    - Checked to see if reminder fixes were still in place. They were.
    - Performed a one-step-update
    - Reminder fixes are still OK.
    - Clicked on the Planning tab and got error "Failed to create dump file : " (error 183). When I closed the error window, Quicken terminated unexpectedly.
    - Reopened Quicken
    - Budget was still there.
    - Reminder fixes are still OK.

# 1/16/2023
    - Checked the budget. It was still there.
    - Did a backup at 5:54am
    - Checked to see if reminder fixes were still in place. They were.
    - Accepted a transaction (checking) and Quicken terminated unexpectedly with the error "Failed to create dump file : " (error 183).
    - Reopened Quicken. Checked the budget. It was still there and the accepted transaction was still accepted.
    - Did a backup at 6:35am
    - Did a backup at 6:41am
    - At some point the fixed reminders reverted back to the 1/1/2023 due date and incorrect amounts.

# 1/17/2023
    - Restored backup from 1/16/2023 at 6:41am. Still an issue with the reminders.
    - Restored backup from 1/16/2023 at 6:35am. Still an issue with the reminders.
    - Restored backup from 1/16/2023 at 5:54am. Fixed reminders were there.
    - Accepted a few transactions
    - Did a backup at 3:01am
    - When going to the planning tab, received message" This Quicken file contains no bugetable accounts or categories. The Budget feature cannot be used at this time.
    - Closed and reopened Question. There was not budget file.
    - Restored backup from 1/17/2023 at 3:01am. Fixed reminders were there.

# 1/18/2023
    - Did a backup at 6:54am
    - Got "Quicken Backup (Not Responding) after the backup completed and I clicked on "OK". Had to force close Quicken
    - Restarted Quicken. Budget and fixed reminders where there
    - Performed a one-step-update. All of my banks responded with "Needs Your Attention"
    - Performed on-step-update again. No sure what happened with the on-step-up-date. The projected balances screen lost the graph and the upcoming bills. the only thing showing on the page is the accounts on the right-hand side. I closed Quicken
    - Reopened Quicken. New transactions had been downloaded. The budget was there. Budget was there. However, all of the fixed reminders reverted back to the 1/1/2023 due and incorrect amounts.
    - Restored to the 11/118 at 6:54am backup. Budget and fixed transactions where there.
    - Performed a Validate of the file
  • pspottswood
    pspottswood Member ✭✭
    Anja,

The issue with the reminders did not go away with the recent R47.7 release. I just encountered the problem again after fixing about 30 reminders. What is the status on a fix?
  • pspottswood
    pspottswood Member ✭✭
    I am having this issue with overdue reminders under R47.11 as well. I changed the date on a number of reminders to 2/4/2023. While doing other work in Quicken, they reverted to a 2/1/2023 date.
  • pspottswood
    pspottswood Member ✭✭
    I installed R47.15 this morning. I was successfully about to work in Quicken for more than 15 minutes without experiencing all of the issues that I have been having. I have completed work that I have been trying to complete since January 25th. Reminders are no longer changing on their own. Quicken is not crashing after confirming the completion of a backup. I did not experience an issues with the budget missing. Hopefully, that is fixed as well. R47.15 is definitely a step in the right direction. It is documented as fixing missing categories, but evidently covers a lot of other issues.
This discussion has been closed.