Category

Options
I am having a hard time creating Business and Rental Categories. The example is trying to have the Auto Expense and the sub category be Truck with a business expense. When a create new it comes up under personal category. Need to do the same for rental. Any ideas

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Personal vs Business is determined by Tax Line assigned to the category.  The name of the category doesn't matter ... only the Tax Line ... and no tax line assigned = Personal as does numerous Personal tax lines you can assignl.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ddrewz4 - To add a tax line to a category:  Category List > click on the Category in question > on the right side of the screen, click on the Action button > Edit > Tax Reporting tab > check the box for Tax Related Category > select Extended Line Item List > select the Tax Line Item For This Category from the drop-down list > Save.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To be included in business reports (and I don't know where else) you have to assign the category to a schedule C or E tax line item number.  To check the tax line assignment open the Category list by either clicking on the Category Icon or go to Tools-Category List or Ctrl+Shift+C.  Then select the category and right click on it to Edit it.  Click on the Tax Reporting Tab and check the box for Tax related and pick a Schedule C or E: tax line item.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.