Weird Problems

I used Quicken this morning. Everything was fine. I tried to open Quicken this afternoon. First, my data password was rejected. Next my Quicken id password was rejected. I changed my quicken id with the code sent to me and restored my existing data password. My Quicken data opened, but now, the right-hand sidebar no longer holds a choice to go to my bank - it wants me to set up automatic downloads, but won't accept the names of my accounts. What's going on??

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I used Quicken this morning. Everything was fine. I tried to open Quicken this afternoon. First, my data password was rejected. Next my Quicken id password was rejected. I changed my quicken id with the code sent to me and restored my existing data password. My Quicken data opened, but now, the right-hand sidebar no longer holds a choice to go to my bank - it wants me to set up automatic downloads, but won't accept the names of my accounts. What's going on??
    Hello @DragonBoater,  

We are sorry about this issue with credentials and and missing menu options. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that your current active data file is located on your computer and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic behavior and even data damage.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which right-hand sidebar are you talking about?

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• DragonBoater
    DragonBoater Member ✭✭
    Thank you. I left my system alone over the weekend "to have a think about its behaviour" and this morning, it's working normally! Go figure! I've kept copies of Jared's and UKR's comments in case the trouble recurs.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Hi @DragonBoater,

Did you also place your system in a corner, and perhaps refuse to give it any desserts as well?  I am just trying to be prepared so that I know how to deal with my system when it acts up.  ;)

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.