Creating A New File of Older Transactions (Q Mac)

Options
CEMRog
CEMRog Member
I've tried searching for this topic but unable to come up with what I am looking for. I want to make a file of older transactions, i.e. from say from 2015-2021 so that my current Quicken file isn't so large. I'm sure there's a way to do it and I've done it previously with older Quicken Mac versions but unable to get this done. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CEMRog said:
    I've tried searching for this topic but unable to come up with what I am looking for. I want to make a file of older transactions, i.e. from say from 2015-2021 so that my current Quicken file isn't so large. I'm sure there's a way to do it and I've done it previously with older Quicken Mac versions but unable to get this done. Thanks for any help.
    Hello @CEMRog,   

We are sorry about any confusion with respect to creating a file for tracking older transaction information. Thank you for talking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Are you planning to operate this older file without making use of any online banking services? Also, how many accounts do you think will be operated within this file, and is there a large amount of transaction data for each account? Have you already looked into importing older transactions using the method described in here, under Importing files from your bank?

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @CEMRog There is currently no feature for saving a copy of a Quicken Mac data file to archive older data. 

There is a longstanding Idea thread about this topic here:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7684427/add-save-a-copy-feature-similar-to-year-end-copy-21-legacy-votes/p1

You should visit that thread and add your vote. In that long thread, I tried in one post a few months ago to summarize what we know about why no such feature was created by the developers originally, and some of the reasons users have put forward about the need for such a feature. you might find it helpful to read that post. And add your comments in a post there, as well, if you have more to add. (The Idea is marked "Under Consideration", which means it has been sent to the developers, but that have not yet committed to building such a feature.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.