Adding SoFi to Quicken Accounts in Windows Format

Kathy9
Kathy9 Member ✭✭
I am a Windows Quicken user who would like to see SoFi added to Quicken accounts. From what I read, SoFi is already available on Quicken for MAC users.

Recent Community Help threads discussing adding Sofi to Quicken accounts have responses saying that the Quicken customer should contact Sofi and ask Sofi to join the Quicken service. These threads are also closed to further discussion. I replied to one (open) older thread and the reply from Quicken Jared suggested that I start a new thread to get better visibility and responses.

To me, it seems that SoFi would be a customer of Quicken since they (Sofi) would pay for the right to use the Quicken service. Doesn't Quicken have a department that coordinates sales with financial institutions? Why wouldn't Quicken reach out to Sofi and try to secure them as a customer at the corporate level? Why is it up to the Quicken user to reach out to Sofi and try to bring SoFi's business to Quicken?

Suggesting that this is the responsibility of the Quicken user is really off-putting. Who would I even contact at SoFi? Customer Service knows nothing about this issue and has no ability to escalate the request to anyone who could do anything about it.

If this forum is not the right place to get this request to the right person at Quicken, please let me know who at Quicken I should contact.

Thank you.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Inc doesn't charge any financial institution for "access to Quicken".

Quicken Inc pays Intuit (their aggregator) for connections to the financial institutions.  If there would be any payment it would be to Intuit.  I don't know the current fees, but at one time Intuit charged for Direct Connect and Web Connect support from the financial institutions.  It never charges for Express Web Connect or Express Web Connect + which is called Quicken Connect in Quicken Mac.

Looking at some of the Mac threads I noticed that even though Quicken Mac does have support for SoFi it is only for the banking account.  Is that what you had in mind?

At any rate, the process has always been that the financial institution has to get with Intuit to make arrangements on how it would like Intuit to connect to their servers to download transactions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Kathy9
    Kathy9 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your response, Chris_QPW.

> Looking at some of the Mac threads I noticed that even though Quicken Mac does have support for SoFi it is only for the banking account.  Is that what you had in mind?

Yes, I am looking to use Quicken for a SoFi banking account. I will try sending an e-mail to their Chief of Operations requesting the service.

I still find it odd that Quicken (apparently) has no interest in initiating a conversation with Sofi, especially since SoFi already uses the Quicken service for MAC users. When customers request a new service both involved parties (in this case SoFi and Quicken) should be made aware of the gap in service that they are currently providing and look for ways to fill that gap.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the bank, and not Quicken/Intuit that decides what products to support ... so your "no interest" comment is way off base.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Kathy9
    Kathy9 Member ✭✭
    Hello NotACPA,

I said that I found it odd that Quicken (apparently) has, no interest in initiating a conversation with SoFi because of the replies like yours that say it has to be the bank that decides whether to support Quicken. This implies that SoFi must be the one to contact Quicken and express interest in Quicken services. I'm not clear on why you think it is so "off-base" for me to wonder why Quicken couldn't initiate the conversation. A Quicken/Sofi collaboration would benefit both companies and their customers.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It might seem odd, (even odder when Intuit owned Quicken), but there is little chance that Quicken Inc being a small company could handle talking to all the possible financial institutions to work these things out.  That is why they pay Intuit to handle these things for them.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Kathy9
    Kathy9 Member ✭✭
    Thank you Chris_QPW for your response. I re-read your first post. Somehow, in my mind, I translated Intuit ("At any rate, the process has always been that the financial institution has to get with Intuit to make arrangements on how it would like Intuit to connect to their servers to download transactions.") into Quicken. I think it's because I have been an Intuit/Quicken customer since I think the 1970s. You say Intuit, I think Quicken. So, Intuit and Sofi need to talk.

I am still trying to find a good e-mail address at SoFi to forward my request. Since I don't subscribe to LinkedIn, Zoom Info, or any social media sites, it's harder than you would think. Sending a request to the wrong person at SoFi is the equivalent of putting it in a shredder.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intuit sold Quicken several years ago.  They're now separate companies.  BUT, Intuit still handles the online interfaces for Quicken.
    Sofi already has a relationship with Intuit (as evidenced by Sofi's support for QMac), so try contacting Tech Support at Sofi to see if you can get an traction there.  It's a bit odd that they'd support Mac and not Win.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Kathy9
    Kathy9 Member ✭✭
    Hello Not ACPA. Thanks for your reply. I couldn’t find a Tech Support option in SoFi’s “Contact Us” section, but I found an option to send a question/comment to the CEO, so that’s what I did. If I get any useful information back I will post it here for any other SoFi users.
  • Kathy9
    Kathy9 Member ✭✭
    As a follow-up, I sent an e-mail request for SoFi to support a Quicken connection for Windows users to the office of the CEO at SoFi. I found the link in the "Contact Us" section. I used this option since I couldn't find a more direct link to Tech Support. I received back the following:

"Hi Kathleen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Office of our CEO. Your email was forwarded to me in hopes of providing you with a timely response. My name is D'Lani and I am an Account Manager with SoFi.

We truly appreciate your suggestions and feedback on what we need to improve on. SoFi always strives to improve our website and processes to better our member’s experience.

There are no updates for when this feature will become available for members at this time.

With that in mind, I have successfully forwarded your suggestion over to our Product and Engineering Team!

Thank you so much again for your time, feedback, and for being a member of the SoFi community.

Kind regards,

D'Lani
    SoFi Bank, N.A.
    833-280-7634"

If you are a Quicken/SoFi user who wants to ask SoFi to add Quicken support, this might be an option for you.
  • Thanks @Kathy9 for the practical idea - for all others interested in Quicken Windows support for SoFi, here is the link to contact SoFi Office of the CEO

https://www.sofi.com/contact-oceo/

The more Quicken Windows users that do so, the more likely they may be to prioritize this feature request.
  • I also got a reply from SoFi from the Office of the CEO - if you are also interested, request this at
    https://www.sofi.com/contact-oceo/

"I hope this email finds you well! My name is Christian and I am an Account Manager here at SoFi. Your email was forwarded to me in hopes of providing you with a timely response.

We are glad to hear that you would like to use SoFi for all your financial needs. Additionally, we thank you for providing us with your feedback that Quicken's support for Windows is one of the leading factors that is in question for making a complete move. We’re continuously working on new features and functionality, so stay tuned for more updates in the coming weeks. Thanks for being a SoFi member. Making your experience better is our endeavor and we are appreciative of your feedback.

Please do not hesitate to respond to this email should other questions or concerns arise, furthermore please feel free to call us at 855-456-7634.

Kind Regards,
    Christian M.
    SoFi Bank, N.A.
    855-456-7634"
  • Kathy9
    Kathy9 Member ✭✭
    That’s really great Dial-up user. (Love your username). Thank you for providing the link. I hope others who want a SoFi/Quicken collaboration will take a minute to let SoFi know. The squeaky wheel. . .
This discussion has been closed.