Unable to add second Fidelity Account, Quicken crashes.

asdelayo
asdelayo Member
Running Quicken version R46.2 Build 27.1.46.12 on Windows 11 Home. I successfully added my Fidelity NetBenefits account. I am trying to add my wife's Fidelity NetBenefits account, I get a blank screen, when I click next, it comes back with found the following accounts which is blank and then eventually closes/crashes over and over.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    asdelayo said:
    Running Quicken version R46.2 Build 27.1.46.12 on Windows 11 Home. I successfully added my Fidelity NetBenefits account. I am trying to add my wife's Fidelity NetBenefits account, I get a blank screen, when I click next, it comes back with found the following accounts which is blank and then eventually closes/crashes over and over.
    Hello @asdelayo,   

We are sorry about this issue with crashing and difficulty adding accounts. Thank you for alerting us to this here on the Quicken Community.

Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. 

I look forward to hearing about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • asdelayo
    asdelayo Member
    Actually I fixed the problem on my own. After I added the first account, I renamed all the accounts to names I could recognize easier (My 401k, etc.). Then I tried adding my wife's account and there were no issues. It seems maybe it doesn't like that even though they are separate accounts, it doesn't like that the account names are identical? Glad I figured this out before I took your advice, saved me hours of work lol!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    asdelayo said:
    Actually I fixed the problem on my own. After I added the first account, I renamed all the accounts to names I could recognize easier (My 401k, etc.). Then I tried adding my wife's account and there were no issues. It seems maybe it doesn't like that even though they are separate accounts, it doesn't like that the account names are identical? Glad I figured this out before I took your advice, saved me hours of work lol!
    Hello @asdelayo,   

Thanks so much for getting back to me about this. I am happy to hear that the problem has been resolved; I also appreciate the additional information about what steps seemed to change the situation. 

Are you using the same banking credentials for your wife's account as you do for one or more of the others?

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
  • asdelayo
    asdelayo Member
    Completely separate accounts with separate credentials, we just both happen to have 401k's at Fidelity.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to recall from what others have posted is that Fidelity NetBenefits uses the same account name and number for different individual's accounts (with different login credentials).  When this happens, even when separate login credentials are used, Quicken does not allow setup of the new account for the other individual because the account name and number already exists in Quicken.  Some have posted that the solution is to do what you have done....rename the already set up account.  Others have posted that they were able to resolve this by first setting up the account manually and then doing Add Account or Set Up Now which then gave them the opportunity to opportunity to either Add the download as a new account or to Link the download to that manual account.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.