Quicken for Mc 6.11.3 trying to sync closed accounts

Options
toliphant7
toliphant7 Member
I had 3 Wells Fargo accounts. I closed 2 of them several years ago. Recently I have started getting alerts for the 2 closed accounts from Wells Fargo every time I try to sync. The alerts tell me that Quicken is still trying to sync these 2 closed accounts. The accounts are closed and disconnected at both Wells Fargo and in Quicken. I have tried resetting my Cloud Accounts. That didn't help. Quicken insists this is a Wells Fargo problem, while Wells Fargo says this is a known Quicken problem. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can try next. This is not a major issue, but it is annoying. It has only become a problem over the last few months when quicken started presenting a popup page with the alerts everytime I sync. I have been told there is no way to turn off the popup page with Bank Messages.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    [Removed - Windows Instructions]
  • toliphant7
    Options
    I did have my data file and my backups in the Cloud. I have now moved them to a local location on my computer.
    I reset the cloud accounts by navigating to Settings -> Connected Services -> Cloud Accounts -> Reset. I am using Quick for Mac. I don't see the steps you referenced. There is no Preferences choice under Edit.

Thanks,

Tom
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @toliphant7,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for any confusion that the previous response may have caused as the previous instructions provided were Quicken for Windows instructions.

Below you will find the correct Mac equivalent instructions.

I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in
    I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• toliphant7
    Options
    I logged out and back in. I am still getting the same alerts from Wells Fargo when I synch my data with them.
This discussion has been closed.