Merrill Lynch data not correct

John Fowler
John Fowler Member ✭✭
While my Quicken-Mac application works well with my bank, i cannot get accurate, up-to-date information from Merrill Lynch through Quicken. The Quicken person said it's a Merrill Lynch problem. The person at Merrill Lynch said it's a Quicken problem and recommended I just use their website to track my data. That certainly works, but isn't the main point of Quicken that one can consolidate disparate accounts in one convenient view? I would say that I don't even try to download TIAA-CREF or Equitable data as they don't even pretend to play nice with Quicken. I'm beginning to wonder what I find so useful about Quicken.

Comments

• Hello @John Fowler,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. 

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Louisa
    Louisa Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem with Merrill Lynch. Frustrated as all heck. Been on the phone with Quicken Support and Merrill Lynch for nearly 4 hours today. To no avail.
  • jowens328
    jowens328 Member
    Quicken is not updating ML accounts. I tried to delete the accounts and sign-in again. The number looked correct when Quicken asked to add the accounts, but after downloading the information, nothing was added. Tried doing this twice, same problem. This has never happened before on my MacPro. Checking and credit card accounts working properly.
  • Fred9
    Fred9 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here; Quicken is not updating my Merrill Lynch accounts, showing $0 balances despite appearing to have synced correctly and never having had this problem before. I've been at this two days and can't seem to get a hold of anyone at Quicken. May I have someone contact me for assistance, please?
  • jowens328
    jowens328 Member
    My question on January 26th has not been addressed.
  • Bill Zakowski
    Bill Zakowski Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I cannot connect to my ML Investments accounts. I am getting error messages trying both direct connect and quicken connect. see attached. Please help.
  • @jowens328 @Fred9 have you guys figured this out? I have not. The last step in the connection process show my 3 accounts and their correct balances. Despite this the accounts all show a 0 dollar balance. This is via Quicken Connect.

thanks for the help
  • John Fowler
    John Fowler Member ✭✭
    My Merrill data downloads improved markedly when I was advised to switch to Direct Connect. I don't know why it took so long (several phone calls) for the advisors to suggest this but it worked for me.
This discussion has been closed.