2023 budget amounts overlay 2022 amounts

LadyB59
LadyB59 Member ✭✭
I used the budget feature in 2022 and there are some carryover categories which carry over to January 2023. I set some new amounts in categories for the 2023 year and they are overlaying the 2022 budget amounts which is totally messing up the January 2023 carryover amount. I'm also noticing that my 2023 budget amounts have totally overlaid whatever was set for 2022. Why does the budget feature not keep the amounts as set in the prior year?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @LadyB59,

Thank you for taking the time to report your issue here in the Community, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Based on the issue you described, it would be better suited for you to please reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were you working on setting up your 2023 budget during December?
    When I did so, I noticed that the popup menus for "Apply (month) budget ..." included additional options to copy a month in 2022 forward to the end of 2023 or forward and back over both 2022 and 2023
    Now, in January, with the annual budget view set to 2023, to make changes in the 2022 budget I'd have to set the budget year back to 2022. Then, after having the year reset to 2023, I could only make changes to 2023.
    In a budget category which has Rollover enabled, click the amount in the Balance field. In the popup click "Edit". Now click "Reset". Does this change the rollover amount back to a correct amount from last December?
    If all else fails and you think your budget is totally messed up, click on Budget Actions and create a new budget table. Once you've got that working consider deleting the old, bad budget table.
This discussion has been closed.