Received latest update - mayhem

NickOfTyme
NickOfTyme Member ✭✭
One acct went from $500 to over $16,000 with downloaded transactions (already reconciled from a year ago. (142 transactions total) I have screen dumps. Obviously I did a system restore & am wrestling with that. I've been with Quicken FOREVER ... BUT...Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Hi @NickOfTyme,

My suggestion to you is to revert to a prior version of Quicken.  I would strongly suggest that you go back to version R44.28 which is a recent version that does not display certain problems - including the one you are having.  Here are instructions on how to do that:

I suggest that you revert to a prior version - R44.28 -  by following these steps:

1) Backup your Quicken datafile;
    2) Close out of Quicken; then copy the Link below and paste it into your browser

https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.44.28MPatch.EXE?_ics=1668880738587&irclickid=~fe79Z649572XY5X2459d6XY36Y459cb5-ebgh9~21VNMKFzvojf8

3) This will start the download of Quicken version 44.28 to your computer.
    4) Once the download of has completed - locate it (likely in your Downloads file). The filename is "QW27.1.44.28MPatch";
    5) Double click on it to install the download and once completed, restart Quicken.

Let me know if you have any followups on this process and/or tell me how that all went.

Please continue to monitor activity here in the Community to decide when you want to move to a more recent version.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do HELP, About Quicken and tell us what BUILD of Q you've updated to.
    Also, for the account that you mention, have you changed the download method, say from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect?
    What bank/card/etc had that balance change?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Hi @NickOfTyme,

My suggestion to you is to revert to a prior version of Quicken.  I would strongly suggest that you go back to version R44.28 which is a recent version that does not display certain problems - including the one you are having.  Here are instructions on how to do that:

I suggest that you revert to a prior version - R44.28 -  by following these steps:

1) Backup your Quicken datafile;
    2) Close out of Quicken; then copy the Link below and paste it into your browser

https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.44.28MPatch.EXE?_ics=1668880738587&irclickid=~fe79Z649572XY5X2459d6XY36Y459cb5-ebgh9~21VNMKFzvojf8

3) This will start the download of Quicken version 44.28 to your computer.
    4) Once the download of has completed - locate it (likely in your Downloads file). The filename is "QW27.1.44.28MPatch";
    5) Double click on it to install the download and once completed, restart Quicken.

Let me know if you have any followups on this process and/or tell me how that all went.

Please continue to monitor activity here in the Community to decide when you want to move to a more recent version.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• NickOfTyme
    NickOfTyme Member ✭✭
    To notACPA Version R46.12 Build 27.1.46.12 Windows 11 Home. I think I may have attempted to add it to the institutions that I do the One Step update (in the past) but found the institution had two-step auth or Quicken wanted to download all transactions since inception. Account is 14 years old. Anyway I stopped that process. I thought so anyway. It has begun asking to add the account again (CEFCU). I'd just like to end the add process.
  • NickOfTyme
    NickOfTyme Member ✭✭
    To notACPA I downloaded your link. When I started it, it said I was on R1 and listed all subsequent updates since giving me options to Update or Cancel.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @NickOfTyme,

Take another look (assuming you actually took a first look) at my post above...

Frankx

• Steven Green
    Steven Green Member ✭✭
    Patch R47.7 - feature absent (highlighting new transactions) and new problem (wrong price for securities).
    1) the feature to highlight new transactions is not present. The register preferences do not contain a Select Row Style option.
    2) The correct value for some securities in different accounts as shown in the Investing Portfolio overview has been replaced on start-up with new WRONG values. Sometimes wildly wrong -- e.g. $14.70 instead of the correct $1. Happnens only a few different securities but happens every time.-
  • NickOfTyme
    NickOfTyme Member ✭✭
    To Frankx: Yes I read your post. I downloaded the link and applied same. My thanks to you. The Help/About now shows 44.28 & all is quiet on the Western front. A One Step Update concurs & says 46.12 is available. (I'll sit on that awhile) My thanks again.
  • bkeating1954
    bkeating1954 Member ✭✭
    Hellon Frankx, I downloaded R44.28 and tried to run the update but I kept getting an error message that the server was not available. I keep getting a CC-506 error when I try to update one account group (one user ID and password) from Schwab, my other account group under a different user ID and password updates fine. What is up with Quicken? From what I read in this community, this has been an ongoing issue for some time.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @bkeating1954

Sorry to hear you are having those problems.

I would suggest that you first make a new backup of your Quicken datafile (just in case).

Then, follow the instructions at this LINK, step by step.  Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.