How can Scheduled Updates work for multiple Quicken files?

Options
Gary
Gary Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2023 in Investing (Windows)
I maintain several quicken files on the same computer. How can I set up scheduled updates for all of them. It appears that currently, on the last one I set up disables the scheduled update for a previously configured file. 

Additional Info:
I am referring to the files with the QDF file extension and NOT the accounts within each of these files. 

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can’t.  The schedule update only works for the last Quicken data file that was opened.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Gary
    Gary Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. Just to clarify, the Quicken help documentation states:
    Scheduled updates can only be scheduled for one data file. If Schedule Update has been selected in a different data file, turning Schedule Update on in the most recent file will override the settings and turn off Schedule Updates for the previous file.
    Also, I do not understand why Quicken would limit such an important task to one data file.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just to be clear, Scheduled Updates is the ability to have Quicken run a One Step Update on a schedule even if Quicken is not running. I don't think many people use this.

An alternative to save a few clicks is to have it run the OSU when You open Quicken. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Gary said:
    Also, I do not understand why Quicken would limit such an important task to one data file.
    Because most likely 99% of their user base don't have more than one data file.  EDIT, it also assumes that people are going to keep their computers constantly running just so that Quicken can do this update.

Features are put in because of the need of the many, not the needs of the few.

You can certainly create an Idea thread for people to vote on it, to see if you can show that there is a lot of interest in it being implemented.  Go to the Home page and select New Post -> New Idea.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.