Bill Manager is not updating all billers

Bill Manager use to work. Now I know I have new bills from the vendors, but they don't appear in Bill Manager. When I try to force it by updating the "User Name" and "Password" it gets stuck in the "Still connecting to biller, "Fix-it"" issue that has been marked closed, but it is not. 

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @jefflock,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is still a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation continues, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Bill Manager used to work ... and then the banks and many billers made changes or ar in the process of changing to "improve security". As a result of these changes, Bill Manager is now mostly useless.

If your bank recently required you to reauthorize your checking account and/or your bank has changed from "Direct Connect" to either "Express Web Connect" or "Express Web Connect+" you can no longer use Online Bill Pay direct to the bank or Quicken Bill Manager's Quick Pay function. The bank no longer supports this function through Quicken.

You have these alternatives:

1. Use Quicken Bill Manager's Check Pay making sure to submit payment early enough (at least  3 weeks before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.
    2. Logon to the bank's website and schedule your bill pay payments to be executed by the bank. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payment. Repeat every time another payment is due.
    3. Logon to the biller's website once and set up their Autopay, APS, Direct debit, etc. service to make the current payment and all future payments on Due Date directly from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payments before they come due.
    4. Write (or print with Quicken) a paper check and mail it to the biller, making sure to mail payment early enough (at least 10 days before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.

I've been using a variation of method #3 for decades, since before the Internet and dial-up were even introduced. It's easy to get used to this process. And I have yet to miss a single payment.

• jjmousie
    jjmousie Member
    the main reason I purchased Premier was for the advertisement it promised regarding bill pay. I have been a quicken user since 96 but recently upgraded to use the quick bill pay feature. Very disappointed. What is Quicken plans to correct this?
This discussion has been closed.