more trouble with fidelity reward card update

bill21
bill21 Member ✭✭✭
the card update has been failing for several weeks (ongoing issue with no resolution), and just got more complicated. a work-around solution that had worked until today (linking the account through elan financial services rather than fidelity rewards credit card account web link) worked well until last night. now both attempts fail with various meaningless error messages and solutions that do not work. the credit card is very widely held and I'd think quicken would give a solution some priority as it impacts many customers. sigh.

Comments

• Hello @bill21

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with these issues. 

We do currently have a couple of active alerts regarding users experiencing online banking errors with their Fidelity Rewards and Elan Financial account(s). This could be contributing to the issues that you are experiencing. You may follow this link and this link to access those alerts where you may bookmark them in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

We apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• bill21
    bill21 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Jasmine. Happy to report that the elan update succeeded this evening (I closed (not deleted) previous account and set up a new one that downloaded successfully).
  • Doug Eldred
    Doug Eldred Member ✭✭
    Create a mint.com account, add the Fidelity card to it, and you can then download CSV that Quicken will accept. It's a little tedious, you have to move transactions from the import account to your actual credit card account, but it's a lot easier and more reliable than manually entering everything.
  • stringerleo
    stringerleo Member ✭✭
    I reported this so long ago provided quicken with good and bad QFX files - its easy to see elan changed te file naming convention to include 4 digits of acct # -- they just need to revert back to their prior qfx file version. I suppose they have no incentive to make this work for quicken and quicken could have created a brudgge program by now to fix it
  • Doug Eldred
    Doug Eldred Member ✭✭
    Is it "easy" to edit the bad QFX file to add the missing four digits?
This discussion has been closed.