Since the January Update My 1-Step Update Takes a VERY Long time!

Options
MI_Davis
MI_Davis Member ✭✭
Since the January Update my 1-Step Update has gone from under 30 seconds to almost 30 minutes. What has changed on the back-end that is causing this.

Today, I decided to reset and deactivate my main account. It didn't work. So I restored my back-up and tried again, but it didn't bring in my main checking account. I restored my back-up and tried again. The main checking account came through, but now my main checking account is off by ~$1,700 when just a day ago, it was balanced.

What is the development team doing that is trashing user bank accounts?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @MI_Davis,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If your balance is correct in your original file, I suggest switching back to it and attempting any further troubleshooting from that file. However, once you have switched back to your original file, I do also recommend saving a back up before proceeding with any troubleshooting.

Once you have switched back, to start with, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the initial issue of One Step Update taking a long time still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MI_Davis
    MI_Davis Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you @Anja. I'll keep this in mind.

However, I just tried syncing my accounts and reconciling again, and it went at the normal speed (so it was pretty quick). At the same time a transaction (a paycheck) from January 20th 'magically reappeared'. It was not there the last time I sync'd the accounts yesterday, but it is on a back-up copy that I made the day it came in (over a week ago). My account is still off by over $300 -- but I am confident that you and the 'Quicken Elves' will find that / those transaction(s) too.

Bottom Line: Quicken has a MAJOR problem! From a user perspective it appears that you have middle school kids running maintenance on the back end. This is very troubling and has me highly motivated to find a better solution to helping me manage my finances. If this had been a one-off thing, that would not be a problem (Hey, stuff happens). But this is happening more and more frequently. The Quicken Team is clearly in way over their head. You can check your records. I spent quite a while on the phone with a support person several months ago -- WAY too much time, by the way. We managed to get my accounts fixed, but he could not offer any explanation (WHAT????)

Unfortunately, that one was NOT the first time. The time BEFORE that, was Quicken's benefit of the doubt.
This discussion has been closed.