Pentagon FCU Credit Card Accounts

Krakat
Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
I have 2 separate PenFed Credit card accounts. They both update the balances but only one actually downloads transactions. This has only been happening recently, probably within last 2 weeks. My checking account updates, no issues. Will see when interest posts to my accounts to see if they all update with interest transactions. Just another glitch between Quicken and PenFed?

Comments

• Hello @Krakat

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with Pentagon Federal Credit Union? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. Are you receiving any error codes or messages when attempting to download transactions? What exactly occurs?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    No error codes! I believe it was Thursday or Friday that new transactions were downloaded for this credit card, but no older transactions. Like I stated the balance would update but no transactions were downloaded but no errors identified. The rest of my accounts, to include my other credit card with Pentagon Federal Credit Union (PenFed), had no issues downloading transactions. 
  • Hello @Krakat

Thank you for providing more information. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Penfed account(s) to see if the same issue occurs regarding transactions not downloading. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Since Thursday transactions have downloaded. 
  • Hello @Krakat

I apologize for the miscommunication. 

I am happy to hear that transactions are downloading again!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.