Quicken Average Annual Return % issue

Options
Dean Lorenz
Dean Lorenz Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Investing (Windows)
Have been using the Quicken product for years and now purchasing on an annual subscription. As I have different brokerage accounts so I like fact in Quicken I can combine all investments on one product. Frustrated however that Quicken only offers Average Annual Return % for 1,3 and 5 years !!! Does any one know if a YTD or 7 or 10 years view is in the works for the annual Quicken updates?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't heard of anyone even requesting such a feature, as such I wouldn't expect them to be working on it.
    What's more they wouldn't tell us if they were.  That is just the way Quicken Inc works.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can use the Investment Performance Report to get the value for any period you choose. Customize as desired to see values by account, by security, etc. 
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Note that the Average Annual Return does an IRR calculation which is annualized, so YTD may not be very useful.

YTD assumes any gains or losses will continue at the same rate for the rest of the year.

I find that a date range of Annual and Current Year works well. That assumes the investment will stay flat for the rest of the year
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Dean Lorenz
    Dean Lorenz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Q Lurker ... Just wanted to say thanks .... used the investment performance report to see my 10 year Annual Average Return % ... it only gives my a total portfolio number but that is fine by me ... as I am just trying to measure my stock picking skills over a longer period of time than 5 years.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Dean Lorenz -- "it only gives my a total portfolio number "

You can certainly subtotal the report by Account, Security, Security Type, Asset Class or Investing Goal to get a different breakdown.  (Would be nice in my opinion if when subtotaled, the overall total was also presented, but can't have everything.)  Subtotals by various time periods are also available.    

Or you can customize the report to include or exclude any specific accounts or securities.    
This discussion has been closed.