Duplicate account setup

Options
A mistake was made. There was an existing account and the account was setup again with a different name. How do we move the transactions from the "new" account to the "old" account and delete the "new" one?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Eloiser,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Before you begin any troubleshooting attempts, we first advise saving a backup.

Then, I suggest that you please deactivate the new account that was created and then delete it. Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, right-click the new account name and select Edit/Delete account and click Delete Account on the bottom left. Follow the prompts to complete the deletion.

Once it has been deleted, attempt to reconnect the original account through Add Account, by navigating to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name, and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account has been found, be sure to link it to the existing account you have already set up in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Eloiser
    Eloiser Member
    Options
    The new account has 698 transactions in it that have not been categorized. How do we handle those?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Once you have the online connection linked back to the original account, the original account will continue downloading from where it previously left off and should automatically categorize new downloaded transactions based on the prior history in that account. For this reason, it is okay to delete the new account that was created without having to move or correct any data in it.

I hope this clarifies things! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.