Charles Schwab Account Connection Times Out

vuwildcat07
vuwildcat07 Unconfirmed ✭✭
Tried to add a new Schwab account using the new authorization method.  I logged into Schwab, selected the accounts, and finished all the prompts.  However, back in Quicken, it sits on the screen where it says to complete the browser sign-in, and then it says the connection timed out.

I saw a suggestion to disconnect all my Schwab accounts and then try to connect by adding another account, but it is still timing out.  Now none of my Schwab accounts is connected.  How do I reset everything on both Quicken and Schwab's ends so I can start again?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @vuwildcat07,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• vuwildcat07
    vuwildcat07 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Hello @vuwildcat07,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!
    Just tried this and then tried to link my accounts.  Still stuck in the endless window waiting for me to complete the web browser sign-in that I completed minutes ago.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for following up.

At this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

Note that if this issue does result in requiring an escalation, it may be best to wait until Monday to contact support as our escalation departments are closed on weekends.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• I have been having this same issue for months. I have reported it multiple times to Quicken Support and no one ever seems to be able to help me.

Whenever I try to link the new accounts I receive the following error message.

https://services.quicken.com/oauth-redirect/367289150556327936?error_source=client&error_code=invalid_input&error_description=RW1wdHkgU2Vzc2lvblN0b3JhZ2Ugb24gYnJvd3NlciByZWRpcmVjdA

My chat with Quicken support today said this was a server outtage issue. The trouble is I have received this same error message for months. Quicken Support is lost on what and where the true problem resides. Checking back in Quicken, my last download from Schwab that was good, was on 11/15/2022, so something done shortly after that date, is where the problem lies.
This discussion has been closed.