WARNING - American Express and EWC+

Options
2»

Comments

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joekivel said:
    Received a notice a few days ago announcing that another financial institution is ending Quicken Direct Connect. AE now joins Chase & BOA in eliminating two-way transactions that were available with direct connect and adopting 'download only' EWC+.

Anyone using Quicken to pay bills from checking accounts at the aforementioned banks will no longer be able to do so.

[Removed - Rant]
    Noooooo, we want to see the Rant. We live for the drama.

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Switched my Amex to EWC+ just now. Balances look good. Existing transactions remained as-was. No problems here.
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got switched for Amex yesterday and it went well. Keeping close eye on this and all other conversions to ewc+ after the terrible experience with the Chase conversion.  I think the preferences changes may have helped.  Preferences changed to no longer sync accounts to Quicken cloud and downloads if transactions to not automatically update account register.
  • jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Switched my Amex to EWC+ just now. Balances look good. Existing transactions remained as-was. No problems here.
    And  your data is now stored on an Intuit server that fetches from your FI with your approval. And subject to the Terms of Use and Privacy. The data shouldn't change nor should your experience with the software.

What changes is who has access to  your data.
    Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
  • JBL in AZ
    JBL in AZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    So if that has gone so well, why has Chase Bank continued to be broken since when? October?
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JBL in AZ said:
    So if that has gone so well, why has Chase Bank continued to be broken since when? October?
    Good question.  Only Chase bank accounts working for me. Went manual for investment accounts because it would stop working and also affect the  other Chase bank accounts.  These EWC+ conversions seem to have problems that Quicken has not figured out how to fix.  
  • JBL in AZ
    JBL in AZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @JRod said:
    > Good question.  Only Chase bank accounts working for me. Went manual for investment accounts because it would stop working and also affect the  other Chase bank accounts.  These EWC+ conversions seem to have problems that Quicken has not figured out how to fix.  

I get a weekly update, a comment on another thread, that only says "no ETA". To be sure, I only have credit cards there (two of them, one of the branded as Amazon). Maybe I should charge some things and see if progress is being made.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JBL in AZ said:
    Because it is the "luck of the draw".  My Chase accounts are downloading just fine.
    I notice the people with American Express business accounts are having problems for instance.

No sooner did a person post their complements that their American Express conversion went great, others jumped on the thread to say theirs didn't.

I suggest that if you are still having problems with your Chase accounts you contact Quicken Support:
    Official Quicken® Support - Phone, Chat, or Community
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JBL in AZ said:
    Good question.  It seems like the EWC+ cut-in experiences have varied pretty widely between the various financial institutions.  PayPal was pretty painless....mostly a hiccup with Opening Balance getting changed and some duplicate transactions being entered into the register.  CapOne wasn't too bad of a transition for most people, either, and now it is sounding like the American Express transition might not be too bad.  But my head spins when I think of the bad experiences by many with the Schwab, Chase and BofA transitions.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    BTW of hand, I would venture to say that the number of problems encountered is directly related to the different kinds of accounts the financial is supporting and the number of customers.

I believe that Chase is the first one where banking, credit cards, and investment accounts were all switched over.  From what I gather, Bank of America has yet to switch over their investment accounts, right?

EDIT one more thing.  If the problem you are encountering "My accounts are connected, but the transactions don't download."  Then I suggest you try Account Details -> Online Services tab -> Reset Account.  It has worked some people.  And I personally don't think there is going to be "magic update" so the "No ETAs" announcements mean nothing.  Better to see if you get lucky with one-on-one help.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After switching last night, this morning's Amex transactions appear to have downloaded properly. Reconciliation was accurate and all balances match online. No problems here.
  • SteveY
    SteveY Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was prompted to reauthorize and although the AmEx sign-in works and I approve access for Quicken, it fails with a blank page in the browser (URL https://services.quicken.com/oauth-redirect/3******08?error_source=client&error_code=invalid_input&error_description=RW1******cmVjdA) and Quicken claims the sign-in failed. So, yay, two accounts down.
  • PeterS74
    PeterS74 Member
    Options
    I got the AmEx download to work after validating, making a copy of the file and disabling mobile. Then I could deactivate the AmEx download (it had hung whenever I tried to reset or deactivate before that). Worked after I reactivated though it took about 15 minutes. Unfortunately my Chase download is broken now, but I was able to deactivate that as well. I'll save reactivating for another day.
  • JBL in AZ
    JBL in AZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > EDIT one more thing.  If the problem you are encountering "My accounts are connected, but the transactions don't download."  Then I suggest you try Account Details -> Online Services tab -> Reset Account.  It has worked some people.  And I personally don't think there is going to be "magic update" so the "No ETAs" announcements mean nothing.  Better to see if you get lucky with one-on-one help.

This has worked for me with Amex. I did it yesterday (reset the accounts) with my Chase credit card accounts as well, and also paid one off. Today the payment transaction downloaded on that one account just fine. Now I'll be charging some things on it and see if those transactions download as well.
This discussion has been closed.