Ability to Exclude Transfers on Home Dashboard Charts

adsoft2015
adsoft2015 Mac Beta Beta
edited March 2023 in Reports (Mac)
I've noticed the following issues when using the Home Dashboard charts, specifically the Income & Expense chart.  I have multi-currency accounts setup and when I move money from one currency account to another, they create an unlinked transfer and these get categorized as "Transfer".  However, when you view the Income & Expense report, these transfers are skewing my Income/Expense reporting since they are showing up as an Expense.  Can you either create a preference to Turn-off transfer categories, or not include them when viewing the report.  This would then show me a more accurate view of my expenses on this chart.

Thanks
Quicken user since 1992... Version 1!

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @adsoft2015 I think this is a bug. I was able to replicate that an unlinked transfer is being counted in the Income & Expense card, while a linked transfer is not. In the 6.12 release, they made a fix to the Top Spending Payees card to exclude transfers, but they apparently didn't make the Income & Expense card ignore transfers. I've submitted this as a bug report; hopefully the developers will agree that it's a bug and fix it in an upcoming release.

One question, though: in my testing, an unlinked Transfer transaction adjusted Income in the card, up or down depending on the value of the transaction. You reported it affecting Expense, and I wasn't able to get it to do that. I'm wondering why I'm seeing Income jump up or down, but you're seeing it affect Expense. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • adsoft2015
    adsoft2015 Mac Beta Beta
    Yes, this was a transfer of funds out of this account (in AUD) to another account in (EUR).  My base currency is AUD.  Therefore I shows up (correctly) as a negative value in this account.  But Ideally it shouldn't show up on my I/E report.  :)

Hope that helps to explain it.
    Quicken user since 1992... Version 1!
This discussion has been closed.