Bill Pay and Quicken

I have recently changed banks (Wells Fargo to First Citizens). I can't figure out how to use Quicken bill pay in my FC checking acct. FC uses "bill Pay" and if I write a check to be sent by FC I must enter the name/address, etc. which is already in Quicken. Wells Fargo gave me a choice (print, send) but I can't see that FC does that. I want to continue to use Quicken to pay bills if I can.
I've discussed this with Quicken and First Citizens multiple times and go in unproductive circles.
Any suggestions.
Thanks,
WSH

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which First Citizens?   I counted 25 different ones in QWin and they do not all have the same setups and supported connection methods.  Selecting the right one is important.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What connection type (Express Web Connect or Direct Connect) is shown in the Account List (Tools menu) for the First Citizens account?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Thanks for your offers to help. I'll check with First Citizens on Tuesday to make sure I was using the correct one. First Citizens is based in NC but has offices nationwide. I was very happy with Wells Fargo but they closed their office in our town.
  • The connection type is "Express web connect" and the Wells Fargo type is "Direct Connect". I'm not sure how that was set up.
    I'll keep trying to figure it out and will find out which First Citizens bank I should be using when the banks open up on Tuesday.
    WSH
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Express Web Connect, you can NOT enter a transaction in Quicken and expect it to be scheduled in the financial institution's bill pay system.  The only way to do bill pay with EWC/EWC+ is to use Quicken third party bill pay service that does not use your FI's bill pay system.
    The easiest way to know which First Citizens is the correct one is to download a Web Connect .QFX file from their website and import it into Quicken, it will have all the information to select the correct FI.  You can do this to an account that you setup just to get the correct FI.  You can see which one it is by going to the Account List (Tools menu) and "editing" it, the General tab will have the name of the FI as it will be shown in the pick list.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    @Quickhelp2023 - Since you already have an EWC connection set up with FC, then you do not need to manually download and import the QFX file from FC's website.  Just go to Account List and see what is listed in the Financial Institution column for your FC checking account.   Post it back here...exactly as it is shown in that column.  That will give us what we need to know to find out about which connection method(s) and online service(s) your FC branch supports.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Thanks for all the help/advice.
    I'll take on First Citizens on Tuesday.
    WSH
This discussion has been closed.