USAA Savings Account Not Visible

Options
Kent Kester
Kent Kester Member ✭✭✭
Ever since the security upgrade involving USAA accounts, I've never been able to link my USAA savings account. I tried again today--the only accounts visible were my checking account a credit card. Any fix for this?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does it have really low activity in it?
    Another USAA customer found out that one of their accounts with very low activity was marked inactive by USAA.
    USAA customer support pointed that out when they contacted them, and they activated it and then it showed up for use in Quicken.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Kent Kester
    Kent Kester Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    OK--thanks. I'll try to contact them, although my recent experience with USAA is that they've fully embraced chat bots, online and on the phone--never optimal.
  • Kino
    Kino Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've got the same problem with USAA savings accounts - they don't show up in the list of accounts to link with Quicken accounts. I just tried it again today (2/21/2023) and there are no savings accounts in the list.

What phone number was used to contact USAA Customer Support?

What's the definition of "low activity?"

TIA...
  • Kino
    Kino Member ✭✭
    Options
    Answering my own questions...
    (800) 531-8722 for USAA Customer Service (they are aware of the issue).
    No credit or debit within 365 days (365 days - NOT every year) and the account(s) go into "Inactive Status."
    • Once they go Inactive, you must call USAA to have them changed back to "Normal Status."
    • Any attempt to credit or debit while they are Inactive will fail.
    • Interest earned deposits do not affect the 365-day clock.
  • Chris Harr
    Chris Harr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Kino! Your explanation was spot on and helped me understand why I was not seeing a checking account when reauthorizing my accounts in Quicken. I called USAA customer support and they confirmed my account was in an Inactive status then changed it back to a Normal status which allowed Quicken to detect it when I reauthorized my accounts.
This discussion has been closed.