Changed email (UserID), now unable to get back into my Quicken subscription

Changed my Quicken email yesterday, trying to remove an old email address. Correctly changed and verified but NOW unable to use my Quicken subscription as it's asking me to sign back in with the old email (userid) protected for update. Asks me to verify my new email, I enter it and it confirms valid by sending a email to it but still doesn't allow me to enter it from the Quicken subscription.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @stevesjh,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing trouble.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in using your new Quicken ID email. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Keep in mind that if you receive a sign-in pop-up dialog that continuously keeps popping back up throughout this process, you will need to continue closing it each time it pops up until you reach the full sign-in screen.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• stevesjh
    stevesjh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I can't get past the "Quicken ID & Cloud accounts" to signout . I continues to pass back the pop-up sign-in screen with the protected email ID. I continued to close it each time but couldn't get past it. Next suggestion?
  • stevesjh
    stevesjh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Was able to eventually get through to sign-out and back in. The instructions worked, just need to click through ~ 20 times to get to a new unprotected sign-on screen. Thanks for your help.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    You're welcome and thanks for the update! Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. :)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.