TurboTax Import Failed (Error 2) - Tax Year 2022 TurboTax

I just finished my 2022 taxes with TurboTax Deluxe. I saved the .tax file with a short filename. Unfortunately I get the error message "TurboTax Import Failed (Error 2)". I successfully imported my 2021 tax year TurboTax file.
Anyone else unable to get their 2022 tax file to import?

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, we're all seeing this error at the moment. Go ahead and Report A Problem referencing this. And then wait and hope it gets fixed.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• mjwdrake
    mjwdrake Member
    Me, too, with error 2.
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

It was also posted here.

Go ahead use the Report a Problem within Quicken. Help - Report a Probelm

You can also contact Support at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support submit the problem.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• Schneid57
    Schneid57 Member
    Receiving Error 2 when importing Turbo Tax. Adding myself to the growing list of folks experiencing this
  • fredact
    fredact Member ✭✭
    > @mjwdrake said:
    > Me, too, with error 2.

Me 3. (it's still error 2, though). I submitted a problem report.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, we're making progress. I got Error 5 today.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• slgilles
    slgilles Member ✭✭
    I am also getting Error Code 2. Telling me the definition of error code 2 would be more helpful
  • JackT
    JackT Member

I am also getting Error Code 2. I was getting Error Code 5 so I shortened the file name and now I'm getting Error Code 2. Every year it's something and many times it's the same old thing. I don't know why these guys can't learn from their mistakes

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess the best thing to do is use the Report a Problem link the can be found in Quicken. Go to Help and down to Report a Problem.

There you can submit the problem.

You can also contact Support Chat at

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Chat is at the bottom of the page.

I already did both last week.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• PowderCreek
    PowderCreek Member ✭✭

Just used the support link above and it put me right back here. Nothing found regarding problem status.

• PowderCreek
    PowderCreek Member ✭✭

Quicken chat now says:

I was checking the problem within the intu it website
    this is an issue they have and they provide steps how to fix it

I do not have access to everything because they are a different company
    and we do not have turbo tax access but you can contact them

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@PowderCreek

Please confirm what you said.

Were you or Quicken Chat checking through TurboTax forum for a solution?

You said, "I do not have access to everything because they are a different company
    and we do not have turbo tax access but you can contact them"

Is that what Quicken Chat said to you?

What steps did they Quicken Chat provide?

• PowderCreek
    PowderCreek Member ✭✭
    I apologize for not using quotes in my earlier post. Everything following my single line of 'Quicken chat now says:' was copied from the final Quicken chat response to me. The Quicken correspondent did not provide said Intuit remedial steps and I have not been able to find any reference to this problem on an Intuit site. Intuit may be on another planet as far as user communication goes.
  • slgilles
    slgilles Member ✭✭
    Starting to sound like its Trumps Fault and there is nothing they can do. Just pay your subscription dues and learn to get along witout this feature.
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@slgilles

As I posted above you can try and Report the Problem as noted above if you haven't already.

Even if you did do it again. When you do let them know which version you have.

• cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed this feature list comparison between Quicken Premier and Deluxe?

https://www.quicken.com/product-selector/reverse-nst

According to this list, Quicken Deluxe no longer supports importing tax information from TurboTax!!!! Mine still imports from TurboTax 2021 though.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

QWin R48.15

Still getting Error 2 importing 2022 TurboTax data.

Let's all report via Report a Problem.

QWin Premier subscription
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jim_Harman

I can confirm that this error still exists in the Quicken Premier 27.1.48.15

I have once again reported it via Report a Problem.

I will also report it through Chat on Monday.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

• bbuckley
    bbuckley Member ✭✭

Still getting error 2 on import attempt. Filename shortened, no password. Q48.15 (Premier). Build 27.1.48.15 Win11.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI.

I contacted Chat and this is what they said.

" Thanks for confirming, allow me mention that as I can see this issue was already reported, and as I can see our technical support team is still working on this issue, and we don't have ETA to have this issue resolved, our sincere apologies."

If anyone else would like to confirm this with Chat please do so.

• sailerph2
    sailerph2 Member ✭✭
    What is the value of importing this data anyway ?
  • cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭

it is used in the Tax Planner feature of Quicken for comparison or estimation.

• DK-MGIL
    DK-MGIL Member ✭✭
    Same problem. Sometimes error code 2; other times 5. Quicken messes this up every year!
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, right now all you can do is contact Support (as noted in an above post) and use the Report a Problem that is under Help.

• Tommy
    Tommy Member ✭✭✭

Same Problem, (Error 2). Just adding my name to the pile. Using Quicken Premeir on Windows 11.

• Lance W.
    Lance W. Member ✭✭

How hard can it be to resolve this problem. Just installed R49.22 and still receive an Error 2 in Quicken Premeir on Windows 11.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lance W.

If you have't you should submit this problem through Quicken software Report a Problem and via Quicken Chat (as noted in a previous post).

• Sunyata
    Sunyata Member

Same problem with Deluxe, windows 10 —

First, error code 5

I shortened file name

then, error code 2

How is it possible that nobody at Quicken is able to tell us what error code 2 means????

Anyway, it appears that once error code 2's mystery is revealed, I will get

error code -1 you have deluxe, not premier.

• proflaw
    proflaw Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem with HOme and Business
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@proflaw

What version of H&B. Go to Help and then About?

Have you contacted Support via either Report a Problem that is under Help or through Chat to ask about this problem?

This discussion has been closed.