TurboTax Import Failed (Error 2) - Tax Year 2022 TurboTax

Options
2»

Comments

• DK-MGIL
    DK-MGIL Member ✭✭
    Options
    Interesting chart suggesting Quicken Deluxe no longer supports importing tax information. Wonder if that is really true. Why would they take away a benefit like that. The menu system in Quicken Deluxe still includes functionality for importing TurboTax data. Plus, when I called customer service, they gave no indication that this was no longer a benefit. Perhaps the chart is wrong? Perhaps Quicken support is not accurate? Nothing new about uninformed Quicken support. As a long-time user, it is sad to see how Quicken continues to deteriorate, contrary to the upbeat emails from the CEO.
  • DK-MGIL
    DK-MGIL Member ✭✭
    Options
    It is common to ask in this forum if Help has been contacted. The answer is "yes" both by phone and my reporting through the "report a problem." function in Quicken. But it never helps--you never get a case number; you never get follow-up notifications; you never get a solution. This is not the only outstanding issue I have--some going back to the conversion of Chase account sign-ins.
  • Tommy
    Tommy Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

Unfortunately Quicken has continued to devolve ever since it was spun off and sold by Intuit. I have been a user since 1993 and am shocked and saddened [Removed-Rant].

[Removed-Speculation]. Too bad, very sad.

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have this problem as well!
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jonathan

All you can do for now is to report this problem via the software's "Report a Problem" (Help-Report a Problem) and contact support @ https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support scroll down to Chat lodge a complaint. When you call or Chat with Support ask them to look up the following Support Ticket. CTP-6819

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!

(QWin-21902)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mrkotter
    mrkotter Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am beginning to suspect that by the time this is resolved, we will be back to reporting an error that TurboTax data for tax year 2023 cannot be imported. :(
  • cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Looks like the latest release of Quicken R50.5 finally fixed this. It is only June 1st!

• rotygolf
    rotygolf Member ✭✭✭
    Options

NOT FIXED! File import still produces error. Still get error 2 and error 5. It would be nice to know what these errors mean.

• cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Worked for me … 🤔

• rotygolf
    rotygolf Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just chatted with Quicken Support. Its not fixed. They are seeing the same error.

• cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

So, it seems there is more than one issue to fix …

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

@rotygolf

Error 5 means Quicken has a problem with the TurboTax file name. Change it to a different name or copy the file to a different directory and you should not get this error.

If you think Quicken should fix this, please review, comment, and vote on this Idea.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Ray Cosner
    Ray Cosner Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

In past years, it has been necessary to shorten the name on the TurboTax file so Quicken could import it. I don't know if it's still necessary, but I copied the file and changed the name on the new one to eight characters.

The import worked fine, using the R50.5 update.

• rotygolf
    rotygolf Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Update: I shortened the file to less the eight characters and only letters and it worked. I'm not sure if the underscores in my previous name or more than eight characters caused the problem.

Hey QUICKEN: Lets fix the file import. You should be able to handle the Turbotax file name. Its not that difficult to get it to work. Users shouldn't have to shorten the file name just to import it. We are well past the DOS days.

• cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

FWIW, the full length of the file name path for my 2022 TurboTax file is 83 characters with just the filename and extension being 56 characters. It includes embedded blanks but no underscores. I changed a blank to an underscore and Quicken still accepted the file name. Perhaps the total length of your path is too long. Quicken should be able to handle the maximum path name length as defined by Windows (which is at least 250 characters from what I can find in Google) though. The Mac version may have different limits.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was able to install R50.5.

I made a copy of my tax file name to just four letters. Example File.tax2022

It had NO password associated with the file.

I left the copy in the TurboTax directory. C:\Users\MyName\Documents\TurboTax

I then went ahead and attempted to import the file into Quicken and it finally imported. No errors.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@cyberphile if you read the post I linked above you will find that the Error 5 issue is not with the length of the file name but (I think) with the fact that TurboTax leaves another file in its directory with the same name but a ~ in front of the name. Apparently this confuses Quicken's import.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Stan-Gspeedy
    Stan-Gspeedy Member ✭✭
    Options
    I copied my 2022 .TAX file to a different directory, then shortened the file name. That worked perfectly in my Premier R50.8, not sure if it would have worked on earlier versions.
This discussion has been closed.