cc-502 error Citibank

for at least the last month we are unable to connect to Citibank and continue to get the CC-502 Error.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @ldlwilson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and reporting your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• I am also having this issue of no access to my Citi data. When can we expect a resolution?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you referring to "Citi" checking and savings accounts or "Citi Cards" for Citi credit cards only?
    After creating a backup of your Quicken data file ...
    Have you tried to deactivate all Citi checking, savings, etc. and credit card accounts, including any old, long closed, hidden and forgotten accounts which might still be activated?
    After deactivating all Citi accounts restart Quicken and then use the "Add Account" process ("+" icon in the Accounts Sidebar title) to reactivate your accounts. This should walk you through the proper reauthorization process. Be sure to very carefully LINK all accounts found at the bank to their correct Quicken account registers.
  • trailtrailer
    trailtrailer Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    eaglell69 - Thanks for the post. I tried your steps and was hopeful, but on trying to log in on the "Reset Account" step, it again gives me the CC-502 error and there was also a "What you should know" notice in the Quicken window that says the Citi website is temporarily unavailable, try again later. This is at 4PM.

Like others this error happens all the time. I've had this issue since at least Sept. 2022, which was the last time the account was able to update.

Makes me wonder, why am I paying for Quicken if it can't even access my transactions?
    It also seems to miscategorize just about everything, I'd almost be better off keeping track of things from scratch in an Excel sheet.
  • qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭

Seriously, Quicken. CC502 errors, off and on, for a YEAR and “ we are working on it” messages every month ????

This is absurd...If you cannot interface with Citibank, say so and I can stop paying for a service that does not work. Yet again I am trying to downolad all day and get the same cc-502 errors every time.

• dkvinnie
    dkvinnie Member ✭✭
    > @eaglell69 said:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Try "Reset Account" process on Quicken Software.
    >
    > For the Citbank Credit Card (CC-502) Quicken error, I tried this and it seemed to work:
    >
    > In your Quicken software, go to your Citbank credit card account list. Hit the "Edit" box under you Citibank Credit Card account.
    > -Open the "Online Services" tab. STOP HERE. (Do not click on any buttons on this page yet.)
    >
    > Then open/log-in your Citbank Credit Card account online via the Citibank website in a web browser window. Once logged in to your credit card account, do the following:
    > -Under "Profile", click "More Settings".
    > -Under "Security", click "Manage Desktop Apps"
    > -Click Add Access (You may still have your current "Active IDs" listed). Do not select them. Just click "Add Access".
    >
    > A timer process will then show up next on the web browser. This should give you a 10 minute window to re-connect your Quicken credit card account again. Keep this window open to see the "timer".
    >
    > Then go back to your already open Quicken desktop software at the "Account Details" tab of your Citbank credit card account.
    >
    > Click "Reset Account". Then follow any instructions shown. Make sure to link any new data to an existing account you want to connect to.

This worked like charm - I have two Citi Cards so I had to do the reset twice.

The only fallout is that the "Opening balance" for one account was changed during the reset and when I tried to reconcile that opening balance amount was causing an amount to be unreconciled even after reconciling all the current transactions. The opening balance amount was the exact amount left to be reconciled. I changed Opening Balance amount to zero and was able to reconcile.
  • dec1887
    dec1887 Member ✭✭
    Not working, still get 502 error
  • Hi fellow Quicken users. I am writing to thank @eaglell69 for his solution to the Citibank CC-502 download error. I found his post, I followed it to the letter, and I have now successfully loaded my account information without a problem. Without his post, I would have had to manually enter transaction information. But I am sorry to hear other Quicken users are still having download problems despite @eaglell69 's step by step instructions. I hope you can find a solution soon.

• mattys
    mattys Member ✭✭

Concur, this DID work; however, it took 3 tries for it to finally connect.

• mweisbrod
    mweisbrod Member ✭✭
    I've tried this several times when I'm trying to reset I get the note "What You Should Know. Quiken can't add this account because the Citibank website is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few hours".

I've tried early in the morning, afternoon, late at night and on weekends. Same thing. Anyone know how to get around this?

Thanks!
  • ron.h
    ron.h Member

Thank you @eaglell69!

I followed your instuctions listed above and Quicken downloaded my transactions. I accepted all the transations and clicked on Reconcile and it balanced. However, with 8:16 minutes left on the 10 minute timer Quicken reported the the connect was lost and suggested I tryagain later, but it also allowered me to login which I did and then it continued the process and finished processing with 3:13 minutes left on the timer.

• I followed your instructions carefully and still cannot download into Quicken

• terric
    terric Member

Thank you eaglell69 . Your solution worked for me. I was able to download Citibank credit card transactions directly within Quicken for the first time in a very long time. Won't know if this is a permanent fix until I have more transactions to download in the coming days/weeks, but I suspect it will be.

I've always suspected this might partially have something to with Citibank requiring me to change my password last year, because the CC-502 problem started sometime after that. But there was no way to "update" the password in Quicken. I mentioned this to customer service but they didn't seem to understand what I was talking about. Your method allowed me to make that update and re-connect!

Brilliant!!! Thank you again.

This discussion has been closed.