Quicken Installation Problem

MRMeaney
MRMeaney Member
I used Quicken several years ago. Yesterday, I decided to buy a subscription to Quicken Premier and start using it again. I downloaded Quicken for Windows, followed the prompts, and created a new data file (I don't have my old ones). When I try to open Quicken it shows Home and Business on top (not Premier), the home screen flashes, and then I get an error message to check my Internet connectivity. My Internet connectivity is fine.

I've read other threads from people with this same issue and tried the fixes involving unchecking SSL and checking TSL or installing the Mondo patch. None of that works. I spent an hour and a half on chat with Quicken support today installing and uninstalling to no avail. I eventually got booted from the chat and have to start over again.

Using Windows 11 with the most recent updates. Any thoughts on how to fix this problem?

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

All new installations start off as H&B until you have logged in and have registered it to your subscription, then it will show the correct Edition.

Go to Edit→Preferences→Quicken ID and choose “Sign in as different user”.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

To make sure that Quicken is allowed to update and save its configuration files please check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If it is, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in

If you are getting "Oops, something went wrong" or "Check Internet Connection" …
    - Have you recently enabled a VPN?
    If it is, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off, reboot with VPN disabled and see if that helps.
    - Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    - Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
    Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.
    For example, in McAfee Firewall, one user states "By editing the Quicken Firewall entry Selecting Incoming and Outgoing, and changing it from "Default" to "Open to all devices" it now works without having to turn off the entire firewall!"
    You need these firewall definitions for Quicken to work:

If necessary, contact the Antivirus / Firewall vendor's Support Center.
    - In older Windows systems go to Windows Control Panel and select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Scroll down the list to "Use TLS x.x" and click to put a checkmark on all available TLS choices.
    Turn off "Use SSL 3.0"
    Click Apply. Reboot.
    - If all else fails: Try rebooting your network router. When done reboot your PC

This discussion has been closed.