Windows to Mac Conversion Question

Options
wab49
wab49 Member ✭✭
I have been a long time Quicken Windows user and have just converted to Mac. I have a question about the mobile sync. I was using mobile with the Windows version. In setting up Quicken on the Mac, it asked whether I wanted to use mobile and I said yes. My question is whether synchronization automatically switches from the Windows file to the Mac file or whether I need to turn off synchronization under Windows and then turn it on under Mac. Thank you.

Best Answers

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

you can leave it on in both if you want. Quicken Cloud supports having multiple cloud datasets, so you can have a cloud dataset that syncs with your Windows data file, and one that syncs with your Mac data file. You can toggle between them in the mobile app. If you no longer want your Windows data to appear in the mobile app, then yes, you can turn it off in Quicken for Windows, but having it turned on for both Windows and Mac is fine as well. Hope that helps :)

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @wab49,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

After converting to Quicken for Mac, it also creates a new and separate Mac data file that you would then sync to Mobile. Once you sign into the Quicken Mobile app, you will simply need to switch datasets and select the Mac file. To do so, you would click the Hamburger menu (3 horizontal lines) on the top-left > Select the current dataset name (2nd option from the bottom) > Select the dataset name of your Mac file.

If you're not sure of which name you are looking for, you can check the dataset name in your Mac DeskTop program also by navigating to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services > Cloud Account.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

you can leave it on in both if you want. Quicken Cloud supports having multiple cloud datasets, so you can have a cloud dataset that syncs with your Windows data file, and one that syncs with your Mac data file. You can toggle between them in the mobile app. If you no longer want your Windows data to appear in the mobile app, then yes, you can turn it off in Quicken for Windows, but having it turned on for both Windows and Mac is fine as well. Hope that helps :)

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @wab49,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

After converting to Quicken for Mac, it also creates a new and separate Mac data file that you would then sync to Mobile. Once you sign into the Quicken Mobile app, you will simply need to switch datasets and select the Mac file. To do so, you would click the Hamburger menu (3 horizontal lines) on the top-left > Select the current dataset name (2nd option from the bottom) > Select the dataset name of your Mac file.

If you're not sure of which name you are looking for, you can check the dataset name in your Mac DeskTop program also by navigating to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services > Cloud Account.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.