Future bill and income reminders not showing in annual budget

khg
khg Member ✭✭✭
For some bill and income reminders I have that are either set to end at some future date or never to end, the amount shows in the "Actual" column for each month in my budget. This is great, and it's how I always remember my bill and income reminders behaving in the budget.

For other reminders, this no longer happens. Instead, only the next month's reminder amount shows, then nothing for months after that. I think the change happened in a recent update.

I can't see anything different about the way the reminders themselves are set up. I haven't been able to fix this by changing from "Transfer Reminder" to "Bill Reminder". I haven't been able to fix it by switching from "never end" to "end after" or "end on". I haven't been able to fix it by setting a number of reminder days.

Anyone else having this issue and figured out a fix?

I've been using the reminders and budgets in Quicken for 15 years, and I'm running R47.15.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Assuming that this isn't caused by "Include reminders" having become unchecked in Budget view / Budget Actions button / View options and you haven't downgraded your subscription to the Starter Edition, please do the following:

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. Click File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. Click File
    2. Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• ducciken
    ducciken Member ✭✭
    I just created a new transfer reminder and am having the same issue. Only the next reminder shows in the budget, but nothing after that.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What kind of transfer reminder have you created? For example,

• a fixed amount every month or
    • a credit card payment based on current full balance.

AFAIK, credit card payment reminders based on full balance every month cannot be forecast into the future. How should Quicken know what the future balance is going to be?

• khg
    khg Member ✭✭✭

The reminders I created are the same as I've been creating for years: Fixed amount every month. Reminders that I created more than a few months (some a very long time ago!) display as expected. This is only happening with reminders that have been created in the last few months. That's a guess: Could be shorter or longer. I only noticed just before my original post.

• ducciken
    ducciken Member ✭✭
    It's a weekly transfer for a fixed amount. All other reminders are working fine that I have had in place for years. Just not this new one.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

This discussion has been closed.