Credit Union transactions reappear

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Transactions reappear.

Comments

• EFW
    EFW Member ✭✭✭
    I am having a similar problem with my credit union accounts. The latest example was on March 1, 2023 when I downloaded account data around 5:30AM and processed interest credits on multiple accounts for the period. I downloaded again this morning, March 02, 2023 at around 5:30AM and received duplicate interest credit entries to the ones I processed the day before. There are other examples but this is the latest. Gene
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @EFW ,

We are sorry about this problem with duplicate interest credits. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, what credit union is associated with the affected accounts? Have you recently deactivated and reactivated any of these accounts? What connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

We look forward to your answers.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• EFW
    EFW Member ✭✭✭
    Financial institution is CEFCU. Connection Method is Express Web Connect. Automatic entry is ON.
    Currently running Quicken R47.15, Build 27.1.47.15.
    Upgraded to R47.15 on 2/11
    Everything was working ok since the update except
    1) last download date still not showing. (I think I had this problem before I installed the update)
    2) CEFCU transactions reappear

Tried to fix the last update issue on 2/26 but screwed up- operator error. Did a restore on 2/26 from full backup(taken about 30 minutes earlier that day). Did OSU each day.

FAST FORWARD TO TODAY(March 2)
    ACTION: I renamed the RUNTIME.DAT file. Next, I started Quicken and performed a reset on these accounts using the RESET ACCOUNT Feature under Online services. One account has 11 multi use accounts for a total of 12 and the other has 4 multi use accounts for a total of 5. Observation: I notice I didn’t have to relink the multi use accounts.

RESULT:
    1) Last download date Issue: resolved. The last download update is showing on all 17 accounts.
    2) Duplicate issue: resolved-Maybe. I plan to wait another couple of days or even a week to see if there are any reappearing CEFCU transactions. If there are transactions reappearing, I plan to check the DOWNLOAD ID on these transactions and report back. BTW, I will let you know either way.
  • EFW
    EFW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Sunday, March 12: Reporting back on progress related to result #2 above from March 02. The duplicate or reappearing transactions are still happening on my Credit Union accounts - Mostly in checking. I had several since 3/2.

The most recent is the one today that was the same transaction reconciled on 3/9 (Thursday AM, no download ID). The one that came down today (5:15 AM) with a DOWNLOAD ID was for the same business and amount ($146.75).

ACTION: I UNCLEARED (changed status to uncleared) the previous transaction and marked the one that came down today (2 days later with download ID) as reconciled. I then deleted the old one without the download ID from 3/9.

MY Observation:
    It seems like there is a process issue between the financial institution to Web Express Connect, and WEC to Quicken for Windows or processing within Quicken on the desktop. The issue could be sequencing, timing, local desktop processing.

Question:
    Is there a solution to prevent reappearing transactions?

Regards,
    EFW
  • Hello,

Thank you for following up with more information about the issue. You mentioned the most recent duplicate was a duplicate of a reconciled transaction that was not showing a download ID. Is the same true with other duplicate transactions you've been seeing?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• EFW
    EFW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Yes, this has been the case on all reappearing/duplicate transactions. I had another transaction this morning that cleared and reconciled yesterday (Tuesday) morning around 5:15AM CST.

The one from yesterday did NOT have a download ID (manually entered 2 days ago) but the reappearing/duplicate transaction this morning (5:31 AM) did have a download ID.

Regards,
  • Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Due to the nature of this issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday. I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• LarryHolmes1414
    LarryHolmes1414 Member ✭✭

Contacting support because I had 2 statements to reconcile this morning. The first Ally Bank… last month's interest paid downloaded this morning at 6 AM. Since it was a duplicate of a transation already in the register and marked "R" when I reconciled last month's statement, date for both = 2/25/2023 and amount $14.14

I deleted the "extra" transation downloaded this morning. Now I can not reconcile this month's statement because it is "off" by exactly $14.14… I reported the issue and went on to my Discover Credit card…

Exact same symptom and behavior… an transation already in my register downloaded again and I could not "match" so this time I renamed the one in the register = Duplicate. The only way I could reconcile was to check as Clr …. in Reconcile window to bring difference to $0.00

• EFW
    EFW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Thanks for the information.

I did a little more analysis over the past week and found three types of transactions in my online CEFCU register. 1) pending, 2) Partially cleared, 3) fully cleared. Labeling these as type 1,2,3 is my way of identifying these for analysis purposes.

Assumption: All 3 types are sent in the download file via Express Web Connect and are input to the One Step Update (OSU) process.

Type of Transactions:
    Type 1 (Pending) is not reflected in the online balance and not processed in OSU.
    Type 2 (Partially Cleared) is reflected in the online balance not processed in OSU.
    Type 3 (Fully Cleared) is reflected in the online balance and processed in OSU.

The type 1 and 3 are straight forward and work fine when processed via OSU inside Quicken.

The issue for me is on Type 2 transactions:
    The Type 2, I notice at CEFCU, was cleared but did not have accumulative balance below each transaction amount. These type 2 transactions become Type 3 fully cleared status (with running balance below transaction amount) the next business day and are reflected in the online balance and processed via OSU inside Quicken.

Observation:
    It seems to me that the Quicken OSU process should allow and process type 2 transactions via OSU inside Quicken.

Action:
    I filed a support ticket with Quicken on 3/25 along with several system files.

Hopefully, Quicken support will provide a fix soon.

EFW
This discussion has been closed.