USAA Reauthorization creates new account

JeffinPTC
JeffinPTC Member ✭✭
USAA reauthorization msg this morning. I followed instructions and "link to existing account." I now have a second USAA account under "Separate" and "Banking" with transactions back to 2020 called "Signature Visa" even though I lnked to existing "USAA Visa".
Can I conbine these accounts?

Worse, I get the "Reauthorize" MSG every time I do a OSU.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @JeffinPTC,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Before you begin any troubleshooting attempts, we first advise saving a backup.

Then, I suggest that you please deactivate the new account that was created and then delete it. Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, right-click the new account name and select Edit/Delete account and click Delete Account on the bottom left. Follow the prompts to complete the deletion of the account.

Once it has been deleted, attempt to reconnect the original account through Add Account, by navigating to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name, and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account has been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JeffinPTC
    JeffinPTC Member ✭✭
    QA,
    Thx for the quick reply. You instructions worked for me.
    However:
    The browser window that says "you are being directed back to QW" had to be closed manually.
    The reauthorization popup that opened every time I did a OSU finally did not open when I did a test OSU..GOOD
    For anyone following, be careful when you get to "link to existing account." The account it was trying to link to was my brokerage account with TD Ameritrade. That would have been a real mess to clean up if you didn't do a backup first. The dropdown menu had the correct account in te list and it appears to have worked...until next time...
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear your issue has been resolved. 🙂

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.