How do I add Payee to a year end Category report

Alan8
Alan8 Member ✭✭
How do I add Payee to a year end Category report

Best Answer

• Alan8
    Alan8 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Tom, I just found the missing link. I had to click "Update to show" and then "TRANSACTION DETAIL"

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. Only running the reports at the end of the year, causes a little rust on my brain.

Alan W

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Payee is already being used with at least one transaction but it is not showing up in the report: Open the report > click on the upper right Gear icon > Payees tab > Select All > Select the year you want the report to cover > OK.

If the Payee has not been used with any transactions: Add a transaction using the Payee name you want or edit an existing transaction to change the name of the Payee > open the report > Select the year you want the report to cover. If the payee is not shown in the report, follow the steps in the previous paragraph.

Did this answer your question?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Please cite the exact name of the report you're referring to here.

I'm not sure what your referring to here by “add Payee.” Is the Payee field not showing up in the report? That should be fixed by customizing the the report to make sure the “Description” column is included on the report. Is there a Payee that you know should be included in the report, but isn't? That too might be a customization issue that might be corrected by clicking on the Payee tab of the report customization and making sure that Payee is selected. Or maybe the problem is something else?

• Alan8
    Alan8 Member ✭✭
    Tom, Thanks a bunch for your reply. I have been using Quiken for more than 12 years and when it comes to the year end reports, I still cringe. I try to modify saved reports but still get screwed up. I want to run a "Spending by Category" Itemized report. The categories are listed in alphabetical with a total but I can not get the individual payees transactions to show. I think I have to Expand the Payee but have not found the right combination of options.
    Hope this helps to illustrate my issue.
    Alan Wishengrad
  • Alan8
    Alan8 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Tom, I just found the missing link. I had to click "Update to show" and then "TRANSACTION DETAIL"

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. Only running the reports at the end of the year, causes a little rust on my brain.

Alan W
  • Alan8
    Alan8 Member ✭✭
    Thanks to both of you. Appreciate the help. Alan W
This discussion has been closed.