How can I change the statement end date on the reconcile feature (which is now automatic)?

jm2240
jm2240 Member
My bank statement end dates are not end of month, but quicken is assigning end month statement date, so now they never reconcile properly. How to fix?

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2023

I thought auto-reconciliation happens every time you download transactions, so it doesn't really have a regular monthly ending date.

Without auto-reconciliation turned on, I had no problem reconciling my Ally bank accounts which had statements ending on the 15th. Or credit card statements - I don't think I've ever had one of those end on the last day of the month.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Reconciliation is not automatic unless you set it to be. If you want to reconcile to a monthly statement — which is what I do, and sounds like what you want to do — you must first make sure Auto-Reconcile is turned off.

With Auto-Reconcile off, you can then select the middle option for how to reconcile your account: “Use statement balance”. Then you'll be able to enter the balance which appears on your bank statement and the statement ending date. The next time you reconcile this account, Quciekn will pre-select the same ending date in the following month, but you can easily type any date in that field. (Some of my accoutns vary by a day or two some months.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jm2240
    jm2240 Member
    thanks Jacobs, your answer is what I need, however I can't find that place you screenshot where you can choose how to reconcile. I had it originally but after updating now can't find it. Can you tell me where it's located?
  • jm2240
    jm2240 Member
    ah, I found it! all good now, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.