Not able to download credit card transactions recently

I have a Fidelity Investments VISA credit card processed by Elon Financial Services. Within the last month, they have made substantial changes to their web page with 4 options to download transactions - (Spread Sheets SCV (2 of them), Quick Books(QBO) and Quicken(QFX)

I am able to download to a spreadsheet, but it will not download to Quicken(QFX).

There is a gear symbol in the upper right corner which indicates Transaction - Update Now. I have tried that with no success.

HELP!

Best Answer

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

xx @Qckn2224 - what is the exact name that Quicken Account is using for that Fidelity VISA card ?
    What URL do you use to actually log into their online website ?
    Is the Quicken(QFX) listed as a “downloading file format” - which would imply a manual download process -
    Do you mean that it will not manually download a Quicken QFX file from the online website to your computer ?

have a Fidelity Investments VISA credit card processed by Elon Financial Services.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• Hello @Qckn2224,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What exactly occurs when attempting to download transactions or import a QFX? Do you receive any error codes or messages? How long has this been occurring?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Qckn2224
    Qckn2224 Member ✭✭
    Went to Register. Clicked on gear. One step update setting pops up and indicates "download transactions and balances".

Clicked Update which then shows this account with 0 new transactions when it has over 100 transactions for the period in question.

No error codes or messages. Probably stopped working in the last two weeks.
  • Qckn2224
    Qckn2224 Member ✭✭
    Jasmine, any suggestions on how to resolve?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

xx @Qckn2224 - what is the exact name that Quicken Account is using for that Fidelity VISA card ?
    What URL do you use to actually log into their online website ?
    Is the Quicken(QFX) listed as a “downloading file format” - which would imply a manual download process -
    Do you mean that it will not manually download a Quicken QFX file from the online website to your computer ?

have a Fidelity Investments VISA credit card processed by Elon Financial Services.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Hello @Qckn2224,

Thank you for providing more information.

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Fidelity account(s) to see if it produces the same issue with transactions not downloading. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
    2. Select New Quicken File.
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 
      Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile.
    7. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Qckn2224
    Qckn2224 Member ✭✭
    Problem resolved. Elon Financial was the problem on their end. Thanks for your response.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Qckn2224,

Thank you for coming back to update us.

I am happy to hear that your issue was resolved.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.