Where is the fix for QUICKEN changing Payee and Memo to N/A?

CaptainCam
CaptainCam Member ✭✭
I have read the repeat problems with no solution. The solutions offered have not fixed the problem. The posts began in 2022 and this is still occurring. Please find a fix for this very troubling, time consuming PROBLEM WITH QUICKEN. I have used QUICKEN for many years without this issue. Replacing payee only to have N/A populate the field after closing quicken and reopening. Backups turned off. PLEASE HELP thank you

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @CaptainCam,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

To clarify, you are experiencing an issue where the payee names and memos of transactions are continuously being replaced with N/A? If this is the case, then I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

N/A in any field usually suggests irreparable data corruption.

By default, Quicken will make periodic automatic backups. Is there a Backup folder in the folder where your Quicken data file is stored? Have you searched for files ending with .qdf or .qdf-backup?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• CaptainCam
    CaptainCam Member ✭✭
    Process completed. No changes. I observe that the N/A is being added to the memorized payee list. Could this be an indication of what is adding to the problem?
  • CaptainCam
    CaptainCam Member ✭✭
    The fix you suggested has not been successful for others with the same issue based on my research of your help community/ Why keep suggesting a failed fix?
  • CaptainCam
    CaptainCam Member ✭✭
    Please follow up so this can be resolved. thank you
  • Quicken Jasmine

Hello @CaptainCam,

Thank you for attempting those troubleshooting steps.

Due to the nature of this issue and the previous steps having failed, we recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

• CaptainCam
    CaptainCam Member ✭✭
    I am not working with a simple checking account. I have 16 accounts on my system and this is wrecking my ability to complete my tax work. Please escalate this to an engineer.
  • Quicken Jasmine

Hello @CaptainCam,

Thanks for reaching back out.

Escalation cannot be done from the Quicken Community which is why it is required that you contact Quicken Support for further assistance as our escalation team requires you to be live on the line. Also, please be aware that our escalation department is closed on weekends so we advise reaching out to Quicken Support Monday through Friday.

Have a wonderful weekend!

-Quicken Jasmine

• CaptainCam
    CaptainCam Member ✭✭
    Well, So far here is the fix. Observe within your account postings the earliest date this NEW PHENOMENON of N/A appearing in lieu of your PAYEE or MEMO. Next -- go to your backups and load a backup file that is dated prior to that date. Next -- the user must re-download and re-post through each of the various bank and card accounts, all of the months of data from that date forward. THIS IS CRAZY and not worthy of the quality I have come to expect from QUICKEN [user since 1999]. This is a QUICKEN SOFTWARE PROBLEM and not created by USERs who PAY for this software to function. :# :#
    -------------------------------------
    > @Quicken Jasmine said:
    > Hello @CaptainCam,
    > Thanks for reaching back out.
    >
    > Escalation cannot be done from the Quicken Community which is why it is required that you contact Quicken Support for further assistance as our escalation team requires you to be live on the line. Also, please be aware that our escalation department is closed on weekends so we advise reaching out to Quicken Support Monday through Friday.
    >
    > Have a wonderful weekend!
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Just out of curiousity, do you keep your active Quicken data file in a cloud drive folder or sync to the Quicken cloud?

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Ken2K
    Ken2K Member ✭✭

I used to keep it on the cloud and have moved it to my hard drive. Problem persists. I've searched the help forums, and Quicken has been offering the same ineffective fix for several years.

This discussion has been closed.