Is there a way to "update" a current budget if you changed category names?

rwshone
rwshone Member ✭✭
The actual expenses show up when I cleick on the "0" but do not show in total.under the category for budget line.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window
    showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect
    your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s)
    here?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than
    PDF files.

• rwshone
    rwshone Member ✭✭
    Here are the screen shots. The first is the actual showing $0 amount for Home Insurance. The second is the result when you click on the $0 amount in the first window. The actual are in the system but not showing up in the prior months.
  • rwshone
    rwshone Member ✭✭
    Does anyone have an answer?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Doublecheck the Splits for each of these transactions. Are the splits correct or did something change the assigned amounts? There have been reports about messed up splits …

• rwshone
    rwshone Member ✭✭
    The splits are CORRECT. They are just not showing up in the budget chart. They show up in the report.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

And the Budget view is set to show the year 2023?

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. Click File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots".
      If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. Click File
    2. Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• rwshone
    rwshone Member ✭✭
    The data still shows as correct "behind" the 0 total for the monthly budget. It is not addiing them together and posting them in the budget. It must be that the budget does not go "baxkward" in the process and adds in corrected amounts for splits. THanks for the effort. I supervalidated the file, closed it and reopened in about 1 minute.
This discussion has been closed.