Can new category you enter, be filled quickly now and in future?

Options
kevs
kevs Member ✭✭
If I have a entry from from Joes Shoes, (and I seard Joes shotes), and 12 resluts come up, and the category for 1/2 in search says shoes, and other 1/2 says clothes, is there a way to get the 1/2 I want to say shoes fill in with one fell shot/ swoop?

Currently, I'm tediously clicking into each one and manually replacing all the Joe Shoes to Shoes one at time.

In Excel, if you have something in a column you want bottom rows the same to you drag, with corner down, wah la all done in one shot without having to reenter, reenter.

Moever is there a way to tell Quicken in future in purchases from Joes Shoes to make sure they pre enter it all as shoes and not clothes as catelgory?

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Use the Search box to find all the Joes Shoes transactions. Click the Cateogry column to sort them by Category. Select the first one in the “Clothes” group, and Shift-click on the last of the “Clothes" group so all those transactions are highlighted. Then select Transacitons > Edit Transaction, enter the category of Shoes, and press okay. Finally, click Clear filters and click on the Date column heading to re-display all your transacitons in date order.

For the future, you want to create a QuickFill rule to tell Quicken that when the Payee is Joes Shoes, the Category should be Shoes. Post back if you need help on how to do that.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.