How can I Set a Reconciliation Report to Show Bank Balances as of a date?

Options
Gary
Gary Member ✭✭✭

When I set the Reconciliation Report Setup dialog to “Show to bank balance as of” date, the desired date is not used. How can I set this date and get it to work as expected? For example, instead of seeing an ending balance as of 12-31-2021 that matches my register, i see cleared transactions and payments from the current year (2023) or possibly the most recent reconciliation I have done, instead of the desired year (2021).

Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding how this should work.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken can only show the “most recent” reconciliation. When a “c” in the Clr column changes to an “R” Quicken has no “memory” of when that happened so a reconciliation before the most recent reconciliation can't be reconstructed.

• Gary
    Gary Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I understand your response. Perhaps my question should be:

What exactly is the purpose for the “Show to bank balance as of” date?

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That I don't know. It seems to be non-functional, like maybe the programmers had something in mind - like maybe actually being able to reporoduce an old reconciliation - but then never followed through.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well that date entered does show up on the Page with “Uncleared Transaction Detail up to” DATE

And the page the has “Uncleared Transaction Detail after” DATE

Not sure why it would be valuable to split the uncleared transactions based on that date though.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.