Two new issues - Payment Soon on Cash Account and Update Payments in OSU

Bob.
Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

This one brand new:

I have a cash account. Literally the money in my pockett I need to deposit. It does nothing online and never has had a payment made through Quicken or scheduled depoist or payment.. Everything is done manually. Yet, I get this the last few days and it has me baffled:

There is NOTHING scheduled for this account nor has there ever been. Ideas?

Next.

I mentioned this before that One Step Update settings changed without my doing a thing new and now takes extra clicks that it never had before. The settings added two checkboxes under Wells Fargo where I have three acounts. These are new:

So what does “Bring my payment information up to date” mean and why is it new? Is that referencing bills I pay from checking or amount due on credit card or something else?

And the download transactions and balances was always covered by the blanket stament of the same above all accounts and is assumed. No other account has this checkbox.

So what changed, why and how do I fix this one?

Thanks.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

On your second issue, do you use Bank Bill Pay with Wells Fargo? That is where Quicken sends payment instructions directly to the bank.

The second checkbox is what tells Quicken to transfer the payment info. If Bank Bill Pay is not enabled, there is only one thing you can do when connecting, so you don't need either checkbox. Quicken should remember your selections if you click on Apply at the bottom of the OSU setup. Then you don't need to make the selections each time.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Thanks Jim. Yes, I use Bank Bill Pay with Wells through Quicken but have for at least 12 years!! These check boxes are new.

Clicking apply stil brings up that dialog every time.

And this is not something that changed right after a Quicken software update. Changed one day by itself.

• Jim_Harman

Do you have to select all the FIs you want to update each time you do an OSU, or just Wells Fargo? For me, Quicken usually remembers all my OSU settings between sessions.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

I have to check none. All already checked. Including the two new. And ANY OSU from anywhere always brings up the settings before I can click again and do OSU. Was never like that before these new entries.

• Jim_Harman

So the issue is one extra click to accept the OSU settings?

In my experience, Quicken always shows the OSU settings the first time you do an OSU after opening the program, and the first OSU of the day if you left it running overnight. Additional OSUs during the day do not require confirmation. Is it different for you?

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

The issue is confusion on what I am seeing I have not in 14 years of using Quicken. I always want to know what and why it changed. And then each and every OSU brings up the Settings. And that is brand new as well.

I don;t use Quick Pay or whatever is the current name. Nor any mobile sync.

I may try to log out and back in and see what happens.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

I was just going to log out and back in again and the warnings about what changes were more than anticipated. Will I lose things if I try that?

And any of the @quicken mods have any suggestions on either of these questions? I have searched both and uncovered little.

• Jim_Harman

Here is what I see regarding OSU settings:

• The first time after starting Quicken, it prompts for the Vault password. On the password screen there is an opton to change the OSU settings. Clicking on Update now takes you directly to the update.
    • If you run an OSU again, it does not ask for the Vault password and takes you to the OSU settings. This gives you an opportunity to choose different FIs to update if you want
    • If you leave Quicken running overnight, it prompts for the Vault password again.

These steps seem very reasonable to me, and I don't think anything has changed recently.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Jim. That is exactly what I see. But before I posted last week, had not seen that ever before since 2009!! So for me the new parts are showing settings every time - never did after vault password, but did if I ran another OSU) and the 2 check boxes under my Wells Account.

And none has commented on the new alert (back again today) with nothing possible to pay or deposit to that account, no clock next to that account, no reminder that includes that account. I'd love to sleuth that one as well.

• Jim_Harman

I explained the 2 checkboxes in my first comment. The first is to update your transactions and the second is to update your bill pay instructions and status. Perhaps at one point these could not be selected separately.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

What I was looking for an ex-lanation on , Jim, is why in 12-13 years these were never there before. ONLY one box for Wells Fargo like every other bank and account I have. Why these suddenyl appeared in the last week or two now. And if by Bill Pay you mean Quicken, I do not use that and have never set that up. If you mean including Wells Fargo Bill Pay through Quicken, then yes I use that and have since day one in 2009 with Quicken, yet not see this previously.

So something changed….

• Jim_Harman

I certainly saw two check boxes with Bank of America when they were offering Bank bill Pay. Since they changed to the EWC+ connection method, it is no longer available and both checkboxes are gone.

I'm not sure if there were always 2 checkboxes, but there were for at least a year before the service was discontinued.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Interesting. I am thinking Quicken thinks I changed something hence why I am seeing them now and never before. But, unknown….

And speaking of unknown, the Bill or Deposit due soon is still there today. No clocks, nothing in reminders, nothing in online bills for this cash account. Still baffled where it comes from and how to fix it.

This discussion has been closed.