How do I change the default scanning program in Quicken

Options

I went to scan a receipt into Quicken and it asked me which program to use. I don't normally get that question and I mistakenly selected Adobe Reader. I compounded the mistake by also selecting always use Adobe when opening a scanned document in Quicken. I should have selected Windows Photo Viewer or something similar. Now when I try to open a document that I scanned into Quicken it opens Adobe and tries to make me create a trial subscription for Adobe. Is there a way to change which program is used when scanning documents into Quicken?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Daniel_USA,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To clarify what is happening, did you get this prompt while in Quicken, or did this happen while using a separate scanning application? Is it defaulting to Adobe Reader every time you open files of this type on your computer, or only when opening the attachment in Quicken?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Daniel_USA
    Daniel_USA Member
    Options

To Quicken Kristina: I managed the get this fixed by calling Quicken support directly. Although they didn't provide a direct answer they got me far enough that I was able to figure the rest out myself. I had to go into the default apps and “choose default apps by file type” and then change the .jpg extension from Adobe to Windows Photo. That fixed the problem. To answer your question, I'm not sure if the problem happened only in Quicken or outside of Quicken as well because I didn't try to open any .jpg files outside of Quicken before I fixed the problem but I suspect it would have been a problem with any .jpg file. Thank you for responding.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the update and for sharing the resolution. I'm glad to hear you got the issue resolved.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.