Check listing

Just another Joe
Just another Joe Member
edited April 2023 in Reports (Windows)

How can I get a report of just checks between 2 dates and/or between 2 check numbers? I just want to list checks between , say 5000-5010, and get their total…

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Use the Banking Transaction report, customizing it to use only the single account and a custom date (range).

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Set a register filter for the date range, sort the register by check number, and select the transactions with the check numbers of interest. The total of the selected transactions will display below the register.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Thanks for the replies.

splasher, I had tried that but it also shows up with stuff like interest, ATM withdrawals and paycheck mixed in

mshiggins, I never noticed that when selecting multiple transactions that it gives you the total at the bottom, so that is very helpful.. I can work with that.. I can take a screenshot..

I guess this means there isn't a report that can just print outgoing checks in order… I'm surprised.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Just another Joe

@mshiggins does have a much better solution. I went from memory without testing. In fact, you can skip the filter if you just select a range of transactions once the register is sorted by Check #.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Oddly, there does not seem to be any check specific reports other than Missing Checks. Help for Missing Checks report states:

This report lists payments from all bank accounts by check number, so you can easily spot a break in a sequence of check numbers. It lists missing check numbers as well as duplicate check numbers.

I have so few checks the report isn't really helpful, but someone who writes many checks may find it useful.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You can sort the Register or Banking Transaction report by Account / Check # if you want.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.