Tax Planner Not Saving Changes

I'm trying to change "Withholding to Date (Self)" in Tax Planner from using "Use Pay Period Amount" to using "Scheduled Bills and Deposits." The change seems to take but if I close Tax Planner and then open it again the setting has reverted to the prior value.

This is happening in Quicken Premier for Windows, R47.11, build 27.1.47.11.

Anyone else having this problem?

Answers

• James White
    James White Member ✭✭✭
    Yes! I have the exact same problem, and was hoping I wasn't the only one.
    I hope Quicken team sees this and investigates.
  • W5JP
    W5JP Member ✭✭
    Yes - Tax Planner won't retain Projected Vale settings. (I'm trying to change Projected Salary from "Estimate Based on YTD Daily Average" to "Scheduled Bills and Deposits"). Program properly reflects change when made, but won't retain change when closed or moving to different window. This used to work properly...
  • CharlieG
    CharlieG Member ✭✭
    Just got a Quicken update. After I applied it Tax Planner seems to be retaining my changes. A fix wasn't mentioned in the release notes as far as I saw but it seems to be working now.
  • James White
    James White Member ✭✭✭
    Confirmed I have the latest update, but the Tax Planner still isn't saving my changes. It insists on reverting to YTD Daily Average instead of Scheduled Bills/deposits just like W5JP mentions above.
    Interesting that it only does this on my salary; my spouse's salary works correctly.
  • Ray Cosner
    Ray Cosner Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have found that validating my QDF file BEFORE correcting the YE projection entries in Tax Planner generally will hold for a few days (up to a couple weeks). I believe specific saved recurring transactions trigger this problem (for me, Social Security and pension monthly income).

This has been an issue literally for years.  I and others have filed many problem reports over the years via Help / Report a Problem, and it is a frequent topic of discussion on this forum. 

Back in December, for a month after installing R45.21 I had no problems, but then they came roaring back in late January.  Might not mean anything.....
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I have found that validating my QDF file BEFORE correcting the YE projection entries in Tax Planner generally will hold for a few days (up to a couple weeks). I believe specific saved recurring transactions trigger this problem (for me, Social Security and pension monthly income).

This has been an issue literally for years.  I and others have filed many problem reports over the years via Help / Report a Problem, and it is a frequent topic of discussion on this forum. 

Back in December, for a month after installing R45.21 I had no problems, but then they came roaring back in late January.  Might not mean anything.....
    I agree.  This has been a problem with Tax Planner for the first few months of the year for many years.  In fact, I can't remember when it wasn't a problem and I've been using Quicken since 2010.  After a while it suddenly just stops being a problem.  Don't know why or what changed.
    Re R45.21:  The 2023 tax rates and Tax Planner updates were not put in place until R46.9 which was released on Jan 6.  Prior to then 2023 could not be selected for Tax Planner...it was greyed out.
    I'm still running R44.20.  When I update to something post-R46.9 and if I encounter this issue, I will certainly try out your V&R suggestion.
    For everyone who is having this problem:  If you have not already done so, I suggest you report it to Quicken via Help > Report a Problem or via Phone call or Chat at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Wayne Daren
    Wayne Daren Member ✭✭✭
    In a nutshell, it's time Intuit put some effort into fixing tax planner. It has had problems for quite a while now.

Also, with an aging population, it's time to set up a screen to automate the set up and input of RMD's and tax withholding.
  • Wayne Daren
    Wayne Daren Member ✭✭✭
    > @James White said:
    > Confirmed I have the latest update, but the Tax Planner still isn't saving my changes. It insists on reverting to YTD Daily Average instead of Scheduled Bills/deposits just like W5JP mentions above. .

It does the same thing to me.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

FYI: Intuit has not owned Quicken since 2016. It is agreed that Quicken should expend some resources to improve Tax Planner, though.

Also, there is a Product Idea requesting Quicken to add/improve handling of RMDs that is marked as “Under Consideration”. You might want to read it and if you agree with it cast your vote for it. The Quicken Team does review submitted Product Ideas and the more people who vote for an idea the more likely it is that they will at some point add it to their development plan. You can view it at Improve handling of IRA distributions, including QCDs and Roth conversions.

To cast your vote for it: Click on the triangle just below and to the left of the 1st post in the thread. If you want to be kept informed of updates to it, bookmark it. Here is an example picture of how/where to cast your vote for and bookmark a Product Idea.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.