Can I reconcile only the recent 3 months and leave the previous years cleared?

Options
Railguard
Railguard Member

I restarted with Quicken. I'm done setting up with my credit union with Express Web Connect and my first download included two years of transactions. Great!

I'm only interesting in activively tracking 2023 forward but having the 2022 and 2021 is nice to have for reference. Can I just reconcile for this year only or do I have to delete the previous years?

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In reconciling the current 3 months, you are accepting in some fashion that the 12/31/22 balance is correct. Or you will have an adjustment that corrects it to the proper value. So as I see it, you might as well reconcile those older transactions as well.

It is something of a PITA to have a bunch of unreconciled past transactions that you are working around each time you do a current reconciliation.

So reconcile first from beginning to 12/31/22 allowing for whatever adjustments might be necessary. The proceed forward from there. (Just my opinion)

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with @q_lurker , mark everything up thru 12/31/22 as R and make an adjustment on 12/31/22 to make the balance agree with the bank statement on that date, then proceed with normal reconciliation.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.