Cant enter pennies when selecting invoices to pay

David Haas
David Haas Member ✭✭
I use quicken home business and rental properties. When I receive a payment from a tenant and need to manually apply it to the correct invoices, when I enter the amount to apply to the invoice if it has pennies, I cannot enter them. If I try to enter $100.25 it will apply it as 100.20. The .05 gets truncated. I have been working around this by entering 10025*.01 but it's annoying.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Is your subscription expired or still active?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window
    showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect
    your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s)
    here?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• David Haas
    David Haas Member ✭✭
    My subscription is active. Version is in the attached image. Screenshot attached has where I attempt to enter the information but it truncates the pennies.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Congratulations! You have found a bug!

The field appears to be limited in length to entering only five characters (4 digits plus the decimal point). This field should be long enough to enter 10 digits plus decimal point (and +/- sign if necessary).

I've never had to override the Amount Due on an individual invoice line and that's why I never noticed … usually, the calculation in Quicken for splitting a payment across several invoices is acceptable to me.

Let me see if I can get a Community moderator to confirm this …

• David Haas
    David Haas Member ✭✭
    Woo Hoo. Hopefully they'll agree and get it fixed. I actually found it years ago but because I worked around it didn't worry about it too much.
This discussion has been closed.