OSU Connectivity

Karen Vierra
Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭

It seems there's an issue with Quicken's Connectivity. I'm now getting this error CC-503 for multiple accounts, as I'm trying to fix the connectivity issues with Mobile and Web. All I've been doing for the past two weeks is spending my time trying to get all this mess fixed, and I'm not getting anywhere, because the connectivity issues keep getting fixed, and then they re-appear. Now, as a result, I've lost connectivity to Barclaycard, Best Buy Card, and, Citi-Costco because Quicken is telling me my login credentials are wrong. This is not so. Has anyone found a workaround?

Comments

• Hello @Karen Vierra

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. You mentioned the issues get fixed and then reappear.  To clarify, are you fixing the issues only to have them come back?  If so, what steps are you taking to correct the issues?  How long do they stay fixed before they return?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Karen Vierra
    Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭

I've gone through de-activating and then re-activating the accounts, as instructed. Everything goes along just fine for a few days, and then the issues pop up again. The biggest issue I'm having now is, I'm unable to add the accounts back because Quicken is saying the bank says I'm not entering my username and password correctly. These are false errors; I am entering the correct login information.

I've tried backup restorations, as well. Nothing is working. Any ideas? Can this be escalated?

• Thank you for the information,

If you haven't been doing so when disconnecting and reconnecting your accounts, check to make sure there aren't any passwords saved in the Quicken vault. If there are any old/incorrect passwords stored there, that can cause the issue. To check the vault, go to Tools>Password Vault>Add or Edit Passwords. It will challenge you for your password and you will be able to check to see if you have any passwords stored for those financial institutions. If you do not have a vault set up, the option will be greyed out.

One thing that can sometimes cause these errors is if you have any closed or inactive accounts with those financial institutions that are still trying to connect. To check for that, go to Tools>Account list. Look in the lower left corner of the Account List window and if there is a Show hidden accounts option, check that checkbox. Next, you will want to look at the Transaction Download column. If it shows yes and a connection method in (), then Quicken thinks that account is connected. When you see an account that Quicken thinks is connected, take a look at the account name and verify if that is a current account. If it is a closed account or one that is no longer in use, you would want to deactivate the account or mark it as closed.

To deactivate an account, follow these steps:

1. Back up your file.
    2. Go to Tools>Account List in your Quicken.
    3. Click the Edit button next to the account name you need to deactivate.
    4. Select the Online Services tab.
    5. Click the Deactivate button.
    6. You will get a confirmation pop up (sometimes multiple if its connected by Direct Connect). Click the appropriate choices to deactivate the account.

To mark an account as closed, follow these steps:

1. Back up your file.
    2. Go to Tools>Account List in your Quicken.
    3. Click the Edit button next to the account name you need to mark as closed.
    4. Select the Display Options tab.
    5. Click the Close Account button.
    6. It will bring up a confirmation box telling you what happens when you mark an account as closed. If you wish to proceed, you would type "yes" in the textbox and hit OK.

With Citi Credit cards, including the Citi-Costco card, there is a process to connect using Direct Connect that might help with your issue. You can use this link to view that process.

If none of these steps help, you can contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Karen Vierra
    Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Thank you Kristina, for all the information. With Citi, I tried to follow the process above, and it didn't work; I was still getting the error CC-503, so I wasn't able to set it up. Out of frustration, I decided to try restoring from a backup file. Once I got caught up with everything, and after I ran a file validation/repair, I checked both my mobile and web apps. I received connectivity errors, and went through the de-activate and re-activate process for only 1 of the accounts. And then I tried just resetting another. In both cases, error CC-503 popped back up, and now I can't set those accounts back up. Next step: deal with support directly, I guess.

This discussion has been closed.