Greenstate CU downloads not showing Payee correctly

mldevries
mldevries Member
When I download Greenstate CU transactions, certain payees don't display correctly, mostly grocery stores. Withdrawal Pos #000030404800/Withdrawal Pos #000030404800 are common examples. It's duplicating the part before the "/" and cutting off the rest. I have to go to my account at Greenstate to determine who the payee is. This is not related to renaming rules, it's like that on Greenstate's statements. I contacted them and said since Quicken is a third party it wasn't their issue. How do I get these transactions downloaded correctly?
Tagged:

Comments

• mldevries
    mldevries Member
    I can narrow this down to some change that started around 2/4/23. When I look at my Greenstate CU statement it looks ok, it's the downloaded transactions that are not correct.
  • mldevries
    mldevries Member
    After further analysis it started on 01/31/23 on the Greenstate transactions.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @mldevries,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

It sounds as though you are experiencing recent issues with the payee names downloading incorrectly into Quicken. In this case, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Greenstate Credit Union account(s) to see if it produces the same issue regarding the payees. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
    2. Select New Quicken File.
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 
      Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile.
    7. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mldevries
    mldevries Member
    edited March 2023

Tried that and old transactions came in ok. Newer ones are the problem. Looks like they made a change around 1/31 and now many of these transactions are coming in with duplication on the front like the example I showed and cuts off the remaining text so I can't see the vendor name. There are no renaming rules that are being used on these transactions.

Quicken: Payee: Withdrawal/Withdrawal

Memo: Withdrawal POS [Removed-Privacy]/Withdrawal POS [Removed-Privacy]

Greenstate: Withdrawal POS [Removed-Privacy]/Withdrawal POS [Removed-Privacy]

I contacted Greenstate and they told me since Quicken is a 3rd party software they had no control over it.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @mldevries,

Thank you for providing more information and for attempting that test file.

Due to this issue occurring in both your main file and the test file, you will need to contact Greenstate Credit Union for further assistance as this indicates and issue with the way information is being sent through the servers, and Quicken does not have access to the financial institution's servers. It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 representative or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mldevries
    mldevries Member

They told me since Quicken is 3rd party that I need to contact Quicken. They changed how they present transactions and won't be changing it back. Looks like Quicken is cutting off the transaction at a certain length and that is what I need to get addressed. If I can't get this fixed I'll have to find some other application to manage my transactions. I've been using Quicken for years but this is too much work to have to manually touch all of these transactions from this bank.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If the bank's lower level support personnel is stonewalling you, I wonder if a letter or email to the office of the bank's president would get the ball rolling. I mean, they do want to retain their customers, don't they?

This discussion has been closed.