Capital One Re-Authorization Doesn't Work

Options

I have been trying to get my Capital One credit card hooked back up for download for several weeks. When I go to "Set Up Online", it properly redirects me to a Capital One login page, and I log in, click the "Authorize Quicken" which is successful and it redirects me back to Quicken. The screen that pops up has an error in it. It should allow me to confirm matching up to the account I have set up in Quicken for the Capital One card. It comes up with a match up to a different account (a mortgage account) and there is no option to change it, confirm it, or do anything. I initiated the "Set Up Online" by right clicking on the account in the left side account list. And it does go to Capital One for the authorization, not my mortgage account. At first I canceled the transaction. But after trying the same time several time, I finally clicked the Next button, and basically nothing happened. No additional interaction and no transactions downloaded to my Capital One acount NOR the Waterway Mortgage account it seemingly thinks it is hooked up to. I have tried several times over several weeks, with the same result. Note that the Waterway Mortgage account has never had download set up.

I pretty much have ALL my accounts (bank checking, several credit cards, investment accounts, etc) set up to download. And not having any problems with any other accounts (from Chase and USAA accounts work OK).

How do I fix this? See screenshots below.

Comments

• SoggyGeek
    SoggyGeek Member
    Options

One more screen shot, showing successful authorization while logged on to Capital One. This should be the middle screen shot, but can't edit above post.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @SoggyGeek,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Based on those screenshots, it looks like its not letting you connect the credit card account because Quicken thinks its already connected to that Waterway Mortgage account. To correct this issue, go to Tools>Account List. Hit the Edit button next to the Waterway Mortgage account. Go to the Online Services tab. If it thinks its connected, you should see a Deactivate button. Click that button. You will likely get a confirmation pop up. Confirm that you do want to disconnect that account.

Once that is done, you should be able to reauthorize the credit card. You'd go through the same reauthorization process, and when you are back at the add/link screen (the screen that in your screenshot was showing Waterway Mortgage with no option other than Don't Add to Quicken), it should give you the option to add or link the account. You will want to check to make sure it is seeing the correct account to link to before hitting next. If it isn't showing the correct account, you can hit the dropdown, link to existing, and it should give you a list of available nicknames in Quicken to link it to.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.