Quicken won't accept authentication code to change password

This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken won't accept password change code.

Comments

• mplaibar
    mplaibar Member

I'm having the same issue. I just tried to change my password on quicken.com and the form would NOT accept the 2FA code sent. I tried email, text message and phone call and NONE of the codes were accepted. Code not associated with any online banking accounts. It's the QUICKEN account. Using Edge as browser and it's up to date. email addresses and phone numbers are the same ones listed Quicken profile.Tried other methods of receiving the code. They all REFUSE to accept it.

• Hello @mplaibar,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If it is telling you that the code is incorrect or expired, the first thing you would want to do is make sure you're using the most current code. As soon as a new code is requested, any previous codes are instantly expired. It can sometimes help if you delete old codes before requesting a new one. It can sometimes take several minutes for a code to arrive, so allow time for it to arrive before requesting a new code.

If you are certain it is a current code and not expired, the next thing is to temporarily disable any antivirus, firewall, or VPN you may have active since those can sometimes prevent Quicken from communicating properly. Another thing that can sometimes cause the issue is if the old password is incorrect or if the new password you're trying to create doesn't meet the criteria.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.